• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangledesh unwanted visitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Disappointing to hear. Would the series have been completely clashing with the Super Series, or just interrupted the preparation of one of them?

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Well, they can't do anything about it, so there is hardly a point at protesting. Similar to Pakistan not protesting England's decision of not playing in Karachi. In any case, what's with all these meaningless multinational ODIs? Looking at the Bangladeshi forums, they seem pretty angry.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
What is noticeable is lack of any form of protest from Bangladesh.
What about their expression of disgust last time around when they got shifted in that tour game?

Also, two factors could explain the lack of protest:

1. Not wanting to upset the most powerful cricketing body within Asian (and outside of the ICC, probably the most powerful)
2. A sense of resignation.

C_C

International Captain
what is interesting is the slander about Dalmiya in that report.
What is also interesting is that articles there laud ICC when they are making money but has been setting into BCCI for having a money-oriented structure to cricket.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
C_C said:
what is interesting is the slander about Dalmiya in that report.
What is also interesting is that articles there laud ICC when they are making money but has been setting into BCCI for having a money-oriented structure to cricket.
Is the site ICC affilliated? I know it's behind Wisden, but does that mean that its incorporated with the ICC?

C_C

International Captain
Is the site ICC affilliated? I know it's behind Wisden, but does that mean that its incorporated with the ICC?
It is affiliated with ICC, though not incorporated within it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think a Bangladesh A side should always be invited to be a part of the Duleep Trophy, just to help them get some exposure... And I think this is pathetic on the part of India, esp. considering that just a few years back, they arranged a triangular between India, Kenya and Bangladesh in peak summer (May).

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I'm not discussing whether it was legit or not. But it was similar in the case that nothing could be done about it.
I wouldnt say its similar.. because in this case if its part of the ICC schedule.. the ICC can intervene and India cant do nothing about it but carry the tour on..

Duncan

U19 Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
I wouldnt say its similar.. because in this case if its part of the ICC schedule.. the ICC can intervene and India cant do nothing about it but carry the tour on..
Point taken. :cool:

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
the BCCI cannot ignore a side that has come on in leaps and bounds,the bangladesh is an improving nation that deserves every chance it gets and the organisation seems rather similar to the USACA

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Scallywag said:
India have treated Bangledesh like second grade cricketers after championing their cause for inclusion on the test circuit.

http://content.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/213255.html
I feel sorry for Bangladesh. As a Sri Lankan I know how we felt when we were treated like a second class Team in the past !!

(In fact even now we are treated thus by the Aussies and designated to Test Matches in Darwin and Cairns like the Bangladeshis) .

In fact I believe as Bangla's neighbour we have a responsibility to help Bangladesh . If only our cricket board will do something instead of squabbling among themselves like Dogs !!

They could include an Annual Bangladesh 'A' tour to play the top First Class Teams in SL etc. Encourage Bangladesh Under 19 Team to come annually and play with Sri Lankan schools teams is another option.

I wish our cricket board would realise, they have a definite responsibility to help Bangladesh instead of being selfish, in-fighting morons they are now !! :@

Scallywag

Banned
JASON said:
(In fact even now we are treated thus by the Aussies and designated to Test Matches in Darwin and Cairns like the Bangladeshis) .
So whats wrong with playing in Darwin and Cairns. Australia wants to include both venues into the test circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.