Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: Bangledesh unwanted visitors.

  1. #31
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    28,730
    Farce.
    Jesus brings life eternal


  2. #32
    Request Your Custom Title Now! honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    26,232
    Quote Originally Posted by James90
    The idea of a Top End Tour was good so Cricket Australia tried it out to give Bangladesh a bit of exposure and try out the idea. It was reasonably successful but wanted more to come of it so they invited a stronger side which wasn't playing any cricket at the time (Sri Lanka) and they hadn't played tests in Australia for almost 10 years. I am however disappointed with how many times Sri Lanka have been invited only as a one-day team.

    The Bangladesh-India thing doesn't surprise me one bit, they've been knocked back many times and it's honestly appaling. Every other nation plays test and ODI series against them at home, what makes India better than Australia or England?
    Dalmiya.......
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  3. #33
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    I think Dalmiya should do something about this defamation...... i respect that dude a lot, for he has done a lot for cricket....shouldnt this be directed towards Dungarpur, given that Dalmiya is no longer the head of BCCI but Dungarpur is ?

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    I think Dalmiya should do something about this defamation...... i respect that dude a lot, for he has done a lot for cricket....shouldnt this be directed towards Dungarpur, given that Dalmiya is no longer the head of BCCI but Dungarpur is ?
    Wheres all this evidence of Ponting being let off while Ganguly gets punished for going over time with the overs.


  5. #35
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Wheres all this evidence of Ponting being let off while Ganguly gets punished for going over time with the overs.
    Hold on to yer panties....i am still working on it...and it has nothing of relevance with this thread.Stick to the topic, nazi-boy.

  6. #36
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Sri Lanka is not a crowd pulling team in Australia and Darwin and Cairns are both cities capable of hosting test matches.
    I can tell you Australia are not crowd pullers in Sri Lanka either !! I was in all three Tests and saw more Aussies than Sri Lankans in most of the Tests.

    Which means the 100-150 travelling Aussies outnumbered Sri Lankans at all three Tests and on all days of these Tests.

    And this is not the first time Sri Lankans don't seem to want to watch the Aussies.
    As I have known this to be the case in the past several tours Australia has made there.

    India and Pakistan seem to be the main crowd pullers followed by England who bring in their travelling army of several thousand fans and enrich the Sri Lankan economy, being expensive tourists that they are and not of a back packing cheap tourist type ,if you see what I mean !!

    May be SL Cricket should put the future Aussie tours in Moratuwa and Tricolnmalee, because at least the rural folk may become interested in watching aussies. Most of the fans at Galle , Kandy and Colombo during the last Aussie tour were school kids given free tickets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Sri Lanka played Australia at Moratuwa in the very first of only four tests played there. Sort of knocks a big hole in your main arguement.
    Moratuwa was one of the 4 test grounds that SL cricket had access to then and so the Test was played there !! Just like Brisbane exhibition ground once hosted tests.

    I don't see Darwin and Cairns as part of Australia's main test venues until Bangla and SL came around.

    So there's a big hole in your argument,OK !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    They dont have to sell anything to the poms if they want to play in Australia it is where Australia decides to hold the match. CA would not play the poms there now because there is not enough seats but htere were plenty for the Sri Lankan game.
    That just either shows either poor planning and judgement or lack of insight on the distribution of Sri Lankan fans in Australia on the part of Cricket Australia.
    Any donkey's uncle can tell you that Sri Lankans in Australia are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth and not in woop woop country !!

    Why the hell did Cricket Australia expect the Sri Lankan fans in Aussie, NZ (or even from SL) to waste their hard earned dollars travelling to see the Bush with added expenses on travel on expensive domestic carriers and accomodation ?

    One thing about SL fans is they are smart and know when to not waste their money on rubbish tours !!
    Last edited by JASON; 15-07-2005 at 01:27 AM.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON
    I can tell you Australia are not crowd pullers in Sri Lanka either !! I was in all three Tests and saw more Aussies than Sri Lankans in most of the Tests.
    Which validates CA decision to play these non crowd pulling games in Darwin amd Cairns so Australians in the Northern half can watch their national team.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Hold on to yer panties....i am still working on it...and it has nothing of relevance with this thread.Stick to the topic, nazi-boy.
    So sorry Al-queda soldier.

  9. #39
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    So sorry Al-queda soldier
    Hahahaha

    I dont think Al-Qaeda is interested in boderline atheists.
    Actually, they are.
    We are hated just a wee bit less than America from their prespective.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    29,569
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    I dont think Al-Qaeda is interested in boderline atheists
    Are you some sort of relation to Jardine? Or maybe Allan Border sympathisers?


  11. #41
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25,816
    Cut it out please.

  12. #42
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    I say i am boderline atheist because i am not sure whether God exists or not.........i dunno the proper term for it....but i am not an atheist ( who belive that God DOESNT exist) and neither am i a beleiver in higher powers( who believe that a higher entity DOES exist)

  13. #43
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    29,569
    Isn't it "borderline" though?

    EDIT: Oh, and btw... vic_orthdox = pedant.

  14. #44
    Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    27,203
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    I say i am boderline atheist because i am not sure whether God exists or not.........i dunno the proper term for it....but i am not an atheist ( who belive that God DOESNT exist) and neither am i a beleiver in higher powers( who believe that a higher entity DOES exist)
    The word is agnostic.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  15. #45
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    29,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    The word is agnostic.
    ...or fencesitter?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bangledesh ticket prices
    By kendall in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-05-2005, 01:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •