• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Cricket (MLC)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Article

Sounds good, but i heard of this type of tournment in the USA, then we find out that it not supported by the governing body and it just a pipe dream. Have any of you guys heard about this, if so is this actually going happen, or just another story.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I tried very hard to get to the bottom of all this nonsense which is poisoning the sport in the US, but whichever side you talk to, it invariably ends up with finger pointing and 'well, he started it'.

Sad really, but predictable when someone thinks there might be a bob or two in it for them.

Like yourself, I really hope they can get their act together this time.

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
well MLC is a third party, who also have named their own "usa national coach". so, you have dainty and his board, the 'rebel' league of presidents, and now MLC.

eddie's right in that the first two i mentioned seem to just be bickering about, while MLC seems to be making attempts to move forward, the problem as already mentioned is that MLC is not recognized by the ICC (yet).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That reminds me - the series they were hyping about all these stars going to the US - did it ever happen?

cricket player

International Debutant
Yes it did happen,and it is called pro cricket,lots of players from west indies and india have joined in and the tournament is already finished with a team winning.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Yes it did happen,and it is called pro cricket,lots of players from west indies and india have joined in and the tournament is already finished with a team winning.
well its got one thing on the Natwest series :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cricket player said:
Any links to the scorecards available?

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
procricket was cr@p. [disclaimer of cheap plug] take a look at my site, bigcricket.com i have written columns throughout last season[/disclaimer]

they canceled games without notice, ending the season short for certain teams b/c 'they had no affect on the playoffs (no joke), players played for mulitple teams, etc.

it had such a great chance to be something good for cricket in the USA, but it was a major dud.

cricket player

International Debutant
Nop,I am 15 The only one in my family who knows how to play cricket and loves watching cricket,my family doesnt even know the rules and regulations,

Instead come watch northern california cricket league,It has some good players playing like Arjuna Ranatunga few other sri lanka and indian players and some english and new zealanders,

I also play in the league,and It is tougher then pro cricket my playa.

cricket player

International Debutant
:)
marc71178 said:
Different Tournament.

I'm talking about these 3 Super matches that were meant to be taking place in June.
It will not be played,

The players were refused to be given Visas in time not at all rather.

Another miss oppourtunity USA has nothing else for cricket then ****

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
the US organisation is appauling, they are getting way ahead of themselves. 'Major league Cricket' will quite likely end up on the list of failed ventures. The ICC needs to get stuck in and sort out the mess themselves because the USA is a market that cricket could do with getting into without all the cheesiness of 'powerplays' and 'supersubs'. If the ICC let the americans do all the work things will just keep falling over and America will miss out on a great sport.

Monty

U19 Cricketer
what they should do is promote the game in the schools kids are really interrested but have nowhere to play. the icc need to get in promote it everywhere in the country send out information packs to all the school districts get the kids invovled they will grow as players and then the standard of cricket will become better over there nad who knows maybye one day they might vy for test status