• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Cricketweb Survivor

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slow Love™ said:
This sounds kinda fun, but what kind of time commitment would it require? :)
You pretty much have to be a regular on the forum. If you miss any of anything then you will be automatically evicted (is that correct terminology for Survivor?) or voted off the Island.

Dydl

International Debutant
Ah, but you see, aussie, Jamee999 put a capital 'A' on the first letter, unlike your name which has a small 'a'. :p :p And, he also said Aussies not aussie. Plurals. :p

Mister Wright

Final Tribes

Border Tribe

King Ponting
cricketboy29
Steds
Buddhmaster
Deja moo
Biased Indian
aussie
age_master
Shaka
Blaze
musha_13
honestbharani
Nnanden
Burkey_1988

Gower Tribe

Craig
FaaipDeOiad
marc71178
Mr Mxyzptlk
tooextracool
Jamee999
The Baconator
superkingdave
Neil Pickup
Kendall
vic_orthdox
Dasa
Haydos
Steulen

Vote for your tribal leaders here:

Border Tribe Voting thread

Gower Tribe Voting thread

Voting closes Tuesday midnight - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia time. Just under 48 hours. Or when all votes are accounted for.

Remeber if you do not vote you will be off the Island.

After that the first challenge will start immediately.

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Final Tribes

Border Tribe

King Ponting
cricketboy29
Steds
Buddhmaster
Deja moo
Biased Indian
aussie
age_master
Shaka
Blaze
musha_13
honestbharani
Nnanden
Burkey_1988

:blink:

Mister Wright said:
You're in.
So, why am I not in the final tribe.... :mellow:

Last edited:

King_Ponting

International Regular
umm mr wright mate, if someones automatic eviction coincides with the voting off of another member does that count as being voted off and the otherwise voted off member stays? Like if a tribe loses the challenge and during that loss a automatic voting off occurs does that mean that tribe does not have to vote off a member for that round?

Just a suggestion, rather than having automatic evictions so to speak, why not have a minimum number of members votes for the challenge ie out of 14 each tribe has to submit 11-12 votes if the members suggest that they will not be able to make the challenge due to resonds beyond their control etc? This will also help some tribes get apsolutely decimated by the lack of votes and forthcoming automatic evictions that result.

Mister Wright

King_Ponting said:
umm mr wright mate, if someones automatic eviction coincides with the voting off of another member does that count as being voted off and the otherwise voted off member stays? Like if a tribe loses the challenge and during that loss a automatic voting off occurs does that mean that tribe does not have to vote off a member for that round?

Just a suggestion, rather than having automatic evictions so to speak, why not have a minimum number of members votes for the challenge ie out of 14 each tribe has to submit 11-12 votes if the members suggest that they will not be able to make the challenge due to resonds beyond their control etc? This will also help some tribes get apsolutely decimated by the lack of votes and forthcoming automatic evictions that result.
The reason there is automatic voting off is to reward the people who are committed to Survivor. This game will only work if people are committed. If people know that they will be away they can contact either me or Vic to arrange something. I don't think it would be fair if someone could win survivor if they have contributed nothing to the entire process.

Mister Wright

Dydl said:
:blink:

So, why am I not in the final tribe.... :mellow:
My bad mate, I overlooked you, apology! You can be in Border Tribe, however it is too late to add you to the Tribe leader poll. However, if you can convince enough people to vote for you and they post you for their recommendation in the appropriate thread then I will let you be Tribe Leader - so get moving...

biased indian

International Coach
pls provide atleast 48 hours for all the questions to be answered
and make the deadline the strat of the first and third inngs

and what happen in a game where a side win by an inngs

Mister Wright

biased indian said:
pls provide atleast 48 hours for all the questions to be answered
and make the deadline the strat of the first and third inngs

and what happen in a game where a side win by an inngs
If a side wins by an innings, then the team that didn't bat and their associated tribe will be up for automatic voting off the Island. For example, if England win by an innings, that means that they did not have to bat in the 2nd inngs, The Gower tribe are then up for automatic voting off the Island and the Border tribe get free immunity.

Dydl

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
My bad mate, I overlooked you, apology! You can be in Border Tribe, however it is too late to add you to the Tribe leader poll. However, if you can convince enough people to vote for you and they post you for their recommendation in the appropriate thread then I will let you be Tribe Leader - so get moving...
I wasn't going to be the tribe leader anyway, so no difference. At least the mistake was corrected... :)

Mister Wright

Good evening everyone and welcome to the first episode of Cricketweb Survivor. We are here on the picturesque Ashes Island, however the tribe members will have no time to take in the sights of Ashes Island as each tribe will go head-to-head to find the ultimate cricket survivor. I am your host Kyle Wright and I will be taking you through this interesting competition and I will give you an insight into how each tribe is progressing as the challenges get harder and alliances are formed and broken.

As you would have seen in our pre-series highlight package there has been plenty happening back on the mainland. The tribal candidates were chosen and each tribe's first challenge was to elect a tribal leader, which each tribal member knowing if they did not vote they would not get to set foot on the Island. Unfortunately for the Gower tribe they are already several members down, as they had five members who did not vote for a tribal leader. A major controversy brewed as vote leader Neil Pickup was left behind as he did not vote for a tribal leader. Other Gower tribe members: tooextracool, Jamee999, Haydos, Slats4eva stayed with him, as they failed to register a vote. Unfortunately Survivor is only for the committed and strong willed and these members failed the initial tasks. This meant that vic_orthdox was elected tribal council leader of the Gower Tribe. Are the Gower tribe facing un uphil battle? Will the tribal members who voted for Neil Pickup support Vic_orthodox? These questions will be answered as Survivor continues.

The Border tribe looks in much better shape, as only two tribe members were left behind on the mainland. cricketboy29 and Deja Moo failed to register a vote for their tribe and they did not make the trek to Ashes Island. The Border tribe was all square with King Ponting and age_master on equal votes. King Ponting was given the tribal leadership as he was the first registered player. Will this cause friction between tribe members? Does stability in the Border tribe mean the ultimate survivor will come from this tribe? These questions will be answered as survivor continues...stay tuned.

Mister Wright

Welcome back to Cricketweb Survivor. I have infront of me all the members of each tribe. We will be announcing the first two challenges very soon. However, first I would like to clarrify the rules. The first and second challenges will be announced at the start of the first test match. It is advised that all tribe members make allocations for both challenges, it is better to be safe than sorry. All nominations will be accounted for. However, if a person votes and they are voted off the Island their nomination for the second challenge will be ignored.

The tribe with the most correct answers will have immunity an none of their tribe members will be able to be voted off the Island. The other tribe will have to cast their votes on who they think should leave the Island. The votes should be emailed to survivor@cricketmail.net. Any member who does not vote will be automatically voted off the Island. As you can see from the people who did not make it to the Island, we are serious about voting people off the Island. Remember if England do not bat in a particular innings for whatever reason (innings win, poor weather) the Gower Tribe will be up for instant nominations, likewise for the Border tribe if Australia do not bat for any particular reason.

The moment you have all been waiting for...the announcement of the challenges.

Challenge 1 (first innings) Which opening pair will have the highest partnership? England or Australia?

Challenge 2 (second innings) Which bowler from each side will take the first wicket of the innings? This can include run outs and other such 'non-bowler' dismissals. You have to nominate a bowler from each side.

Please post your responses in the challenge 1 and 2 thread, which will be up shortly. Please post both challenge responses in the one post.

Good luck to everyone.