• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Emerging Players Tournament

sportychic33

State 12th Man
For those who are slightly interested in the return to cricket of Oram, Bond and Papps, the Emerging Players tournamnet has begun with a series of Twenty/20 matches.
The NZC HPC Academy team tied their first game with the Australian Institute of Sport 2 team, after the AIS team made 155/8, best NZ bowler was Franklin with 2 wickets for 7 runs off 2 overs.
Bond was a bit rusty after having 31 taken of his 4 overs, although he got a wicket. NZ replied with 155/10 with Aldridge getting out on the 2nd to last ball needing 1 run to win. Oram who is mainly playing as a batsman only, got 29 off 22.

2nd game NZC HPC Academy team played against Karnataka State Cricket Assosciation, NZ won the toss and elected to bat making 139 with Hayden Shaw hitting 42 off 24 deliveries.
K.S.C.A reached NZ's score after the 19th over with 5 wickets in hand.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
nice to know that Bond is back bowling, the interesting thing will be to see if he still has the pace of old.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Is there a link to this tournment, i would like to see how the young NSW players are going for the AIS.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
don't worry i found some info on cricket.com.au, most noticable thing for the NSW prepective is that Murry Creed top scored for AIS 1 with 36 off 30 balls. well if anyone knows where scorcards are for this tournment that would nice, cus i think James Packman and Aaron Bird are playing in this tournment, but there was no info on their preformances.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh its aaron bird and i dunno why he not bowling.the emerging kiwi side with its stars is off to a slow start in the series,where as the karnataka xl is going great guns,i think s binny is roger binnys son i heard.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What's your opinion of the Indian trainees? A pity the two pacers have to play 20-over matches, which won't help them at all, particularly RP Singh. VR Singh hasn't done particularly well, though he was once the sixth bowler. Good to see the KSCA side in such great form. Yes, Stuart is Roger Binny's son, but he's done nothing of note playing for Karnataka. One player to watch is Gaurav Dhiman. AR Uthappa has been catching the selectors' attention for a long time, while Aiyappa bowls with decent pace.

brockley

International Captain
Arjun is this karnataka side the 1 that plays in the domestic competition there in india?if so they are doing well.
Don't know much about the 3 indian scholars just know indian scholars coming to oz generally go on to play for india,i know they are playing for the AIS sides.
There are 20/20 matches,50 side over games and 4 day games.
Australia academy come back in august to tour india and play against karnataka again.The AIS has a link with the mrf academy and the karnataka cricket associaition.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
brockley said:
Arjun is this karnataka side the 1 that plays in the domestic competition there in india?if so they are doing well.
Don't know much about the 3 indian scholars just know indian scholars coming to oz generally go on to play for india,i know they are playing for the AIS sides.
Australia academy come back in august to tour india and play against karnataka again.The AIS has a link with the mrf academy and the karnataka cricket associaition.
Dinesh Karthik, the Indian WK, is up at the Academy at the moment.
chaminda_00 said:
Is AC Bird, Aaron Brid cus if it is why isn't he bowling, is he injuried or something.
They are currently remodelling his action, because of its "suspectness" :p

Natman20

International Debutant
9th July
ODI

NZHPC - 288/7
- M Papps 55
- T Astle 48
- J Franklin 67
- D de Boorder 58*

AIS2 - 161
- S Bond 3/31
- B Martin 5/33

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Natman20 said:
9th July
ODI

NZHPC - 288/7
- M Papps 55
- T Astle 48
- J Franklin 67
- D de Boorder 58*

AIS2 - 161
- S Bond 3/31
- B Martin 5/33
That's an excellent result for our guys. Astle and de Boorder are only 18 or 19 I think, and with Martin taking 5 wickets hopefully the NZ selectors will start looking at him instead of Wiseman as a back up to Vettori. And of course it is good that Bond got a few, do you know how many overs he bowled?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
brockley said:
This is actually some Association side and not the full Ranji side (which doesn't even have Dravid and Kumble most of the time), but there are several players here who deserve a promotion to the Ranji side. Some of them figure in the OD's (Raghu, Ninan) while Aiyappa, Uthappa and Rowland are regulars. Oh well, they still think Stuart Binny's good enough for this side, but he's doing well with the ball.

Except for Ralph gomes (Kerala) and the pair of Munaf Patel and Raghavendra Rao, these trainees usually go on to play for India. VR Singh is definitely one for the near future.

shaka

International Regular
Bond showed that he has not lost his batting ability with 29 off 21 deliveries. good work by Ryder and M. Papps.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Papps has been doing well, he seems to be scoring 40+ a game which is positive.
Ross Taylor hasn't really fired which is disappointing.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
If this is how well the KSCA side is performing (Indian media, where's the coverage?), it should come as no surprise if most of them make the senior Ranji side. Good to see Stuart Binny get a few runs and wickets. It's a rather young side, and they've performed a lot better than their seniors did back in the Indian domestic events. If anyone has actually been watching the matches, what are your comments on Gaurav Dhiman, Stuart Binny and NSC Aiyappa?