• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you play for?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kim: found something today that could be of interest:

England women's player Arran Thompson, who scored 72, helped Louth sew up the points they needed to steer clear of the danger zone, but it was a very narrow thing indeed.
This is from the Grimsby Telegraph on the Lincolnshire Premier League. It may not seem much - but it confirms that women players are allowed to play "top level" club cricket in England (which I wasn't sure about) and such this opens up a shedload of opportunities for you.
That must be the first time we've had to rely on the Grimsby Telegraph for our information - hope they don't sue for breach of copyright! :D

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Kim. I know that hadiee tiffen has been over their to play for the last 2 seasons but I
know that she plays in guys teams.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by Andre
Yes, I do realise he did! Your a tragic arnt you! LOL :D ;)
Me a tragic?? :O

Not really mate...Just know a heap of useless info about people I admire!! :lol:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
can't wait for this weekend and the 1st game of my season...
:D:D:D:D:D

"IM EXCITED"
:P:P:P:P:P:P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
By the way, i have some serious plans to come to england for studies/cricket, what are the prospects like upthere ?(my guess is bleak) What will it take to become a county player ?
Mohammed Ali just turned up at the nets for Derbyshire earlier on this year and said 'can I bowl a few?'.

A month later, he was in the seconds and a couple of weeks later was in the first XI.

Well, it was only Derbyshire.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
On Friday the 27th of September I made my debut in what would be fisrt class cricket here in Oman...
I play for a team called Al-Hasan CC and we lost badly against a Bank Dhofar XI..:(
Of course their side had wuite a few players who play for the national side and who I am friends with...
It was indeed a tough debut for R_Powell_fan as he got bowled out for 1 trying to push the run-rate up after a very slow start by his team, he was out trying to hit an off-spinner straight down the ground.:rolleyes:
However I fielded very well indeed...but to no avail as they knocked off the target with 4 overs to spare....

Well...that was my sad debut....

Kimbo

International Debutant
I was in the Auckland Hearts winter squad. Thats first class womens. Doubt I will make the team though.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doubt I will make the team though.
Time is on your side, young whippersnapper. When I was trying to make an impression as a youngster, it was my opening partner in one match who got picked up by the Notts scouts (and I got a six-for that day too).

I carried on for the next couple of years thinking 'it will be my turn next' as my buddy got into their first team when Sobers was captain, but eventually the penny dropped - I was rubbish.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Anyone else play at the top level in their respective country?
Yes I do - I am actually not marc71178, but Darren Gough, and pretty soon my posting count will fall!

Kimbo

International Debutant
Really thats funny, I am Shane Bond.
There should be a vote on if people think i am better than you Darren:O

Cloete

International Captain
Well I play for Valleys District Cricket Club. The biggest cricket club in the world(no bull. it is u can even research it). it is matt haydens,Joey Dawes' and Lee Carseldines club. I have played for my district and stuff. but i like andre haven't beeen graded yet. o and btw i am actually Shane Warne ;)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Mike Shrimpton Rates u very highly kim. I was at a training camp with him in March and just when he was doing a talk about legspin to the group he used u as an example.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I used to play for local team Hanwood but they closed down, I'm looking for a new team next year and might go for local team Alberbury, I play for an indoors team in Shrewsbury (County Town of Shropshire) in the winter and for the last 2 years I have played for Shropshire Disabled County Cricket Club as I suffer from Dispraxia which is an absolute ass to have, and I've been the Indoor player of the year for the last 2 years :D