• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you play for?

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Saint Ignatuis College Riverview Sydney and Mosman Cricket Club Sydney - we are getting into grading now

You realise Simon played for Mosman Second XI don't you!! :P

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
This year I am playing for Lancaster Park Womens 'A' team. This is the same team as Paula Flannary, Hadiee Tiffen and a few other New Zealand players. I also play for Southern Zone under 17s(South Island tournament team)and South Canterbury under 17 reps.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Hey Tamara did you know that if you have experience at state level they aren't gonna let you play the Zone tournament next year.. its gonna suck!

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
That will really be annoying. We had 3 state players in our team this year and another 2 that didn't make it. It will make our team so much weaker. But at least I will still be able to play.

Kimbo

International Debutant
our team had no state players anyway- they were away playing. but it will be of a lesser standard... darn

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
By the way, i have some serious plans to come to england for studies/cricket, what are the prospects like upthere ?(my guess is bleak) What will it take to become a county player ?

Dont know why but this actually looks funny.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I have plans to goto England next year for cricket also...
don't have a clue where I will go yet. somewhere

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kim - Sorry, don't think that there's too much when it comes to Women's Cricket here at all. I'm not entirely sure of the rules for Club Cricket (whether mixed Premier League sides are allowed).

Gotchya - there will always be shedloads of opportunities for Overseas players at Club Level (provided they're actually any good, of course ;)).

Check out the Directory on http://www.play-cricket.com/ for Clubs seeking Players / Players seeking Clubs and see what there is...

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well thanks neil, for the support ;)

Gotchya - there will always be shedloads of opportunities for Overseas players at Club Level (provided they're actually any good, of course ).

Yes well glad to hear that, i had been told otherwise. I guess i wont be able to post anymore to this site then, since rewriting the history books is going to consume all my time :D ;)

By the way, four years back when i started and left a local club, i saw myself as the next bradman :O !!! so much for optimism :D

Kimbo

International Debutant
i know of a few places i can go... the womens premier sides are located in really random places... reading, wakefield... places like that, ie. there arent any in manchester, birmingham, leeds, newcastle, london... only around some of those places which is really annoying. i dont really want to goto a non centre if you know what i mean.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Gotcha:
I guess i wont be able to post anymore to this site then, since rewriting the history books is going to consume all my time.
Good luck .....
= ROFL

Seriously though , best of luck to you

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Gotcha:
I guess i wont be able to post anymore to this site then, since rewriting the history books is going to consume all my time.
Good luck .....
= ROFL

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Gotcha:
Good luck .....
= ROFL

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Thanx R_Powell_fan.

You make my name feel funny Gotcha

BTW one post could have done the trick what do you think ? ;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kim: found something today that could be of interest:

England women's player Arran Thompson, who scored 72, helped Louth sew up the points they needed to steer clear of the danger zone, but it was a very narrow thing indeed.
This is from the Grimsby Telegraph on the Lincolnshire Premier League. It may not seem much - but it confirms that women players are allowed to play "top level" club cricket in England (which I wasn't sure about) and such this opens up a shedload of opportunities for you.

Kimbo

International Debutant
oh right.... the people i have talked to that play in england have never mentioned that. i dont think i would want to play with guys actually.... little frail kim would die