• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Academy Squad

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
From CricInfo:

Warwickshire's Ian Bell, widely tipped as a likely England selection at the start of the summer, misses out with a back injury.

"Following discussions with both Warwickshire and Rod Marsh, Ian Bell has not been included in the academy squad to go to Australia," Graveney said. "He has a stress fracture of the back and it is felt that he needs a rest after a long period of continuous cricket.

"However, we will consider including Ian on the trip to Sri Lanka in the New Year provided he makes a satisfactory recovery from injury," he added.

Full Academy Squad
Kabir Ali (Worcs)
Jimmy Anderson (Lancs)
Gareth Batty (Worcs)
Ian Blackwell (Somerset)
Rikki Clarke (Surrey)
Kyle Hogg (Lancs)
Gordon Muchall (Durham)
Monty Panesar (Northants)
Chris Read (Notts)
Darren Stevens (Leics)
Chris Tremlett (Hants)
Jamie Troughton (Warwicks)
Alex Tudor (Surrey)
Graham Wagg (Warwicks)
Mark Wallace (Glam)

Seems OK to me!

Rich2001

International Captain
Also I.Bell was in the acadmey last year, so as the rest of the sqaud is changed every year it seems fair that he should as well

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think that Tudor's inclusion is not just a 'second chance' (he was at the Academy last year). The way we have been going through seamers recently, I reckon that he's cover for the main Ashes squad.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: Chris' article - Two spellings: Academy and Gordon Muchall.

Tudor will be cover for the main squad.

Rich - there are a few leftovers from 2001-02 - Wallace for example.