• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the ashes, can we stuff em ?

well can we ?

• make warney cry

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • make vaughany sigh

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scuffer

Cricket Spectator
Lets face it, uphill struggle at the best of times but I keep dreaming of seeing that fat git Warne crying into his weak aussie beer.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Funny how as soon as we win a game or two, loads of English people pop up and start saying we'll win the ashes. The aussies WILL beat us

scuffer

Cricket Spectator
Not really the response i was hoping for... I know we have played very well lately but that doesnt mean that I think we will win just that this seems to be our best shot in recent years. Even though KP is from SA !!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
As always, I tip 3-1 Australia. Australia to jump out of the blocks early in the series, England to peg a live one back for the first time since '97, 2-1 after 3 or 4, and Australia close it out at The Oval.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
out of the woodwork.....

It will happen, one year, but whether this will be that year.....

(please please please please)

Nope. Still going 3-1 to Australia.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
scuffer said:
Not really the response i was hoping for... I know we have played very well lately but that doesnt mean that I think we will win just that this seems to be our best shot in recent years. Even though KP is from SA !!!
Welcome to CW, Scuffer.

Going to Brizzle for Clarkewatch on Saturday?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yawn, beating the aussies once or twice would be decent enough, i dont think there will be any stuffing involved, unless is part of matthew haydens great cookery debacles...:p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing that more people have vote for an England win than Australian so far! Although, the poll isn't the clearest imaginable.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
My tip's always been 3-1 and still is 3-1.
Do you mean 1-3?

My tip has always been 1-3, mostly due the appearence of the Warnmeister in the Tests. Having said that, there must be concerns in the Aussie camp viz the form of Gillespie and Kaspa, Warne and McGrath will need a little support at some stage.

I'm beginning to edge toward 2-3, with cautious optimism replacing blind realism.

I reckon we'll have a much better chance of getting our hands on urnie down under, next time.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll go as far as reserving my judgement if Warney has a stinker (which he won't, of course). I reckon he is the biggest difference between the sides. Remove him from the equation (quick someone - arrange a tv interview and tell him he's looking a bit 'tired' or 'pasty') and there's little between them.