• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you reckon Cricket can make the 2012 Olympics?

shaka

International Regular
Baseball and Softball kicked off Olympic roster, and rugby has a good shot in the 7's version of the game, maybe a hong kong sixes format of cricket could be used at the olympics.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FIFA have changed their tune then.

They've always previously said that to enter that we'd have to combine all 4 boards, therefore meaning that our 4 out of 8 seats on the International Board becomes 1.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
As host Nation does Britain have a right to bring some games as demonstration sports in to the Olympics ?

I would like Cricket and Rugby sevens to be included at least for one Olympics (ie in London 2012) .

*that gives Sri Lanka an outside chance of getting an olympic Bronze * :laugh: :laugh:

But honestly if these 2 can't be included as main events then at least they should be brought in as demonstration sports to show the other countries what they are missing !!

The only Olympic Medal for cricket was awarded in 1900 IIRC.

Craig

World Traveller
The good thing about it will alow (hopefully) the sport to be shown into countries where it isn't usually shown (ie America where you have to go through different cable TV channels).

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
A 20twenty tournament could be entertaining but i dont think cricket or sports like football and tennis need to be in the olympics and i think a 20twenty world cup instead of the icc trophy would be a far better idea