• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Cricketweb make a strong cricket team?

cricket player

International Debutant
We actulay can make a very strong team,We have more then 6000 members our of 6000 you will probably find 14 bunch of good talented cricketers,We will probably make a better team then Zimbabwe and bangladesh and also competting againts county teams,

I assume we should pick Neil pickup as our coach and marc as our physio :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Don't you think, if there were 14 cricketers better than those playing for Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and county teams on this forum, they would already be playing first class cricket?

cricket player

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Don't you think, if there were 14 cricketers better than those playing for Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and county teams on this forum, they would already be playing first class cricket?
Dont you think that we have some young talented cricketers below 16 years of age and not old enough to play first class cricket playing club cricket at the moment :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cricket player said:
We actulay can make a very strong team,We have more then 6000 members our of 6000 you will probably find 14 bunch of good talented cricketers,We will probably make a better team then Zimbabwe and bangladesh and also competting againts county teams,

Well, we failed to win in Bangaldesh and are really struggling in India at the moment. Hopefully my return to action will bolster us for the final Test, but we still seem more suited to the shorter form.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'd like to think I'd make the team.. Trialled for county (somerset) and played 1st XI at college level.. Averaging 37 with the bat and 14 with the ball over two years... Although I've reverted to bowling quickly recently because i've lost my legspinning ability

cricket player

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
I'd like to think I'd make the team.. Trialled for county (somerset) and played 1st XI at college level.. Averaging 37 with the bat and 14 with the ball over two years... Although I've reverted to bowling quickly recently because i've lost my legspinning ability
There we go,

on so we got Langeveldt as one talented youngsters
add me in too,
I will be playing high level in next few years :)
Bowling average 9 batting average 27

A reall all rounder yeah :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
cricket player said:
Yes I am talking about real life,
and Neil In real life our results will be much better againts bangladesh.
I'd be confidant in hitting 30 against them... Reckon we'd get stuffed. although I've definitely played against a few sides who would probably compete (in a 4 day game)

cricket player

International Debutant
Good langeveldt,
I probably contirbute with the bat as well,

In 4 day matches my average will be higher as I am more of a defensive player.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
cricket player said:

No.

Langeveldt

Soutie
cricket player said:
There we go,

on so we got Langeveldt as one talented youngsters
add me in too,
I will be playing high level in next few years :)
Bowling average 9 batting average 27

A reall all rounder yeah :)
my names Rich by the way :D

Not quite as good as Mr.Langeveldt

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
I'd be confidant in hitting 30 against them... Reckon we'd get stuffed. although I've definitely played against a few sides who would probably compete (in a 4 day game)
which sides????

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Well, we failed to win in Bangaldesh and are really struggling in India at the moment. Hopefully my return to action will bolster us for the final Test, but we still seem more suited to the shorter form.
Isn't it a 4 test series.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I guess he's been out of the mix for too long. Considering it was just two Tests........