• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Classic Catches

danish

U19 12th Man
Dwayne Bravo's amazing caught and bowled against Australia in 2005, that was incredible considering that he was in the middle of his follow through. He changed direction instantaneously and went airborne to his left and caught a blinder.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
A montage of Shane Bond moments last night reminded me of a catch Jacob Oram made off him at gully against India in 2002 (?). It ballooned off the bat, Oram waited until it was past him and dropping and threw himself full length up and backwards, caught it, juggled it and caught it with his fingertips as he hit the grass. Few others in world cricket could have taken it, due to the height.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Mcgrath had to run 418 km's, dive full stretch (which is amazing for a lanky man such as McGrath), he took it in one hand (although the other hand was close by), land on his gut and hold the ball, it was amazing.
Eh? Isn't that a few marathons?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
danish said:
Dwayne Bravo's amazing caught and bowled against Australia in 2005, that was incredible considering that he was in the middle of his follow through. He changed direction instantaneously and went airborne to his left and caught a blinder.
Insane catch, awesome.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
best catches ever (in no particular order)

matthew sinclair to dismiss hayden - no one gave him a chance

pasupatis in the domestic final against canterbury - i was right behind him lining myself up a catch

drakes to dismiss davison in the world cup -stunner no doubt

the famous johnty rhodes one

craig mcmillan and roger twose pulled in some beauties a few years back

mcgrath to dismiss vaughan - who said he cudn't catch

collingwood to remove matthew hayden

husseys in the vb series just gone - cant remember who it was he got out may have been dippenaar

tadeusz

State 12th Man
interesting to see some of the reactions in the crowd in that picture of sinclair.
one guy seems to be asleep.

danish

U19 12th Man
Blaze said:
There needs to be a DVD or something... so many great catches.
Funnily enough, some of the best catches in recent times can be seen on Tuffers' Duffers. On a related note, some of the best drops in recent times can be seen on that amusing DVD.
And so much more...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sinclair's catch was incredible. Hayden didn't just lob it high in the air. He smoked it right off the middle and it was going like a bullet towards the fence.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I remember this one now. The amount of reach off the ground was unbelievable. haha and it was Hayden yet again.

Majin

International Debutant
Out of one's i've seen, i'll never forget Andy Strauss' diving catch in the Ashes, that was awesome.