• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best and worst of June 2005

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Okay who do you think were the best and worst of the month. Award random accolades

Some from me :

Best team : England
Team showing most improvement : Bangladesh
Best Inning : KP
A relevation : Md. Ashraful
Most blatant comeback : Scallywag
A hope for future in one dayers : Simon Jones!
A concern for future in one dayers : Darren Gough

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Best sporting legend of June 2005 - Rikki Clarke
Best Twenty20 performance - Rikki Clarke.
Biggest spot - Rikki Clarke
Biggest teeth - Rikki Clarke
Best hat-trick (3 internationals, all from different countries) - Rikki Clarke

Craig

World Traveller
Best comeback: Andy Symonds
Dumbest moment: Warne's scandal's and Symonds drinking all night
Best catch: Collingwood without a doubt at Bristol
Greatest moment: Bangladesh beating Australia at Cardiff over England beat Autralia at Bristol

Swervy

International Captain
match of the month: Cambing 2nd XI vs Bradford Gymkhana Cup semi-final...we (Cambing) were given no chance of victory in this one (especially by the opposition)..as we had never apparently in the 100 odd years of our existance beaten them. We made 191 in our 40 overs..they were cruising at 150-3 with 10 overs to go..and I had dropped a sitter...they then lost tons of wickets and needed 11 off the last over with one wicket left...and our last over bowler bowled a maiden. Cue unrivalled joy by us and a lot of jaw dragging by them. :D :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
Best "***ual Chocolate" impersonation: Matthew Hayden after being pinged by Jones
Best sledge: Darren Gough's ghostly "WOOOoooo" to Shane Watson at the non-striker's end
Best example yet of accommodating sportsmanship: Adam Gilchrist, taking it a bit too far
Worst haircut: Shane Watson - it looks OK on Clarke, but I think he got the $10 version
Worst feeling in the world: Experienced by millions of Aussie supporters after Aftab Ahmed's six
Worst commentary: David "Bumble just got excited" Lloyd.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Best bowling spell: Brett Lee against England at Durham
Best shot: Mohammad Ashraful's Greenidge impersonation... pull shot from down on one knee to Brett Lee yesterday.
Worst dropped catch: Matthew Hayden... again yesterday.
Worst shot: Aftab Ahmed against Andrew Symonds at Old Trafford.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Best shot: Mohammad Ashraful's Greenidge impersonation... pull shot from down on one knee to Brett Lee yesterday.

shortly afterwards followed by one of the months worst shots.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Best Catch: Collingwood off Hayden
Best comeback: Ashraful without a doubt
Best performance: Collingwood again
Best spell: Simon Jones at Edgbaston
Worst trundler: Ashraful again
Worst commentator: Athar "Not knowing if that would have carried to slip is what cricket's about" Ali Khan

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
James90 said:
Worst commentator: Athar "Not knowing if that would have carried to slip is what cricket's about" Ali Khan
Athar isnt actually that bad. He made a good point that Bangladesh should have kept a slip at a specific stage and is better than many other commentators.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Pratyush said:
Okay who do you think were the best and worst of the month. Award random accolades
Best shot: Matt Prior's awesome reverse sweep off Harbhajan Singh in the 20-20 between Surrey and Sussex at Hove. I remember Gough playing the odd reverse pull on the 1994-5 Ashes tour, but I've never seen a shot like Prior's. I expect reverse shots to be fairly soft and be more in the way of offering the ball guidance as to its preferred final destination than a contemptuous smack at high speed.

Worst bowling: Matthew Hoggard for Yorks v Lancs in the 20-20 at Headingley.

Most intense eyes: Kevin Pietersen while deciding how he was going to hit boundaries at the end of the innings at Bristol.

Most incoherent interview: Michael Holding and Mohammed Ashraful after the Bangladesh win.

Best book I bought: Worth the Wait - Darren Lehmann

David Boon Memorial Tinny: AJ Symonds

Realist of the month: Ajit "I am not an all-rounder" Agarkan't-Bhatt.

Bizarrest theory: One of Richard's. Take your pick.

Stupidest idea: Substitutes in ODIs

Cheers,

Mike

Steulen

International Regular
Best decision: 5 more countries to play ODI
Best website: icc-trophy.com
Best lipgloss: Symonds
Besty lack of Human Growth Hormone: Bangladesh team
Best arithmetic: Billy Bowden claiming England's target would be revised to 143 off 33 overs, when it was actually 200.

Piper

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Best sporting legend of June 2005 - Rikki Clarke
Best Twenty20 performance - Rikki Clarke.
Biggest spot - Rikki Clarke
Biggest teeth - Rikki Clarke
Best hat-trick (3 internationals, all from different countries) - Rikki Clarke
Got a thing for Rikki Clarke eh?

tooextracool

International Coach
best shot: mohammad ashraful's flick pull for 6 from outside the off stump to square on the leg side (off lee and harmison)
worst batsman: geraint jones
worst keeper: geraint jones
worst bowler: jon lewis
worst bowler to take 5 wickets: andrew symonds
worst fielder: michael clarke
biggest let down: michael kasparowicz
most overhyped: shane 'bowling-allrounder' watson

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
He's got some pretty stiff competition from Paul Collingwood if you ask me. Symonds averages 5 less than Collingwood, his economy rate is .31 less, and he bowls more overs and takes more wickets per ODI than Collingwood too.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
tooextracool said:
best shot: mohammad ashraful's flick pull for 6 from outside the off stump to square on the leg side (off lee and harmison)
worst batsman: geraint jones
worst keeper: geraint jones
worst bowler: jon lewis
worst fielder: michael clarke
biggest let down: michael kasparowicz
most overhyped: shane 'bowling-allrounder' watson
One "best" and seven "worsts" - sums you up quite nicely!

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
He's got some pretty stiff competition from Paul Collingwood if you ask me. Symonds averages 5 less than Collingwood, his economy rate is .31 less, and he bowls more overs and takes more wickets per ODI than Collingwood too.
okay okay
worst bowler to take 5 wickets: andrew symonds/paul collingwood

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
One "best" and seven "worsts" - sums you up quite nicely!
Some people's glass is always half full.

TEC's is like that - only it's half full of barbed wire