• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Agarkar : I am now a bowler and not an allrounder

shaka

International Regular
Did many people see him as a true alrounder? I doubt this will help him get into the Indian team, but it could not hurt I guess

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I always thought he was a specific brand of all-rounder like Anthony McGrath and Rikki Clarke, the one that can't bat or bowl.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
I always thought he was a specific brand of all-rounder like Anthony McGrath and Rikki Clarke, the one that can't bat or bowl.
Yes, I agree

<quack> Apart from Rikki, who WILL come good.

Come off it, DD. A class batsman like Inzy would eat him for breakfast

<quack> Inzy would eat EVERYONE for breakfast

King_Ponting

International Regular
agarkar and batting dont seem to gel for me. "Casts mind back to series against australia where he got 8 ducks............."

Last edited:

shaka

International Regular
King_Ponting said:
agarkar and batting dont seem to gel for me. "Casts mind back to series against series where he got 8 ducks............."
agreed as he only has one good score in his international career

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Agarkar is the greatest allrounder the world has ever known.

Because ALL his scores were ROUND during that 99 trip down under.... :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
King_Ponting said:
agarkar and batting dont seem to gel for me. "Casts mind back to series against australia where he got 8 ducks............."
Can you change your signature please King_Ponting - it's not helping the situation.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
What a joke, the man can hardly bowl, let alone bat. Ever an allrounder? No. A crappy bowler that can't even cement his place in the Indian team? Yes.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Duncan said:
What a joke, the man can hardly bowl, let alone bat. Ever an allrounder? No. A crappy bowler that can't even cement his place in the Indian team? Yes.
You iconoclast, you.

The man is an idol to us here at CricketWeb, and as such should be entitled to the same reverence you Americans would give to Colonel Sanders or Ronald McDonald.

For shame!

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Craig said:
I always thought he was a bowler who thought he could bat.
Exactly. He has always maintained he is a bowler first and a batsman/all-rounder second.
Its funny how this story has been blown up. may be its due to the lack of stories for the indian cricket media...
regardless, here is his int'vw from last year where he says pretty much the same thing.

http://content.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/138063.html

Q: But it was not just 50 wickets - there were hopes that you were the next great allrounder ...
When I came into the team there were comparisons with many people. But I think that was rubbish. I was in the side as a bowler and batting at No. 9. And you need to be batting at No. 6 or 7 if you're an allrounder. I think it was all media hype saying that I was an allrounder. I hardly had an opportunity to bat because we had such a strong batting line-up. When I didn't make runs at No. 9 I was criticised for not delivering with the bat. I still don't consider myself an allrounder. I'm a bowler who bats a bit.

tooextracool

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
he got his revenge though didnt he? when he scored that fabulous 53 in the 1st vb series final.