• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5 more nations to play full ODI's

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
96 nations now, it is truely becoming a global game!
getting close to half the world, ofcourse the numbers of people playing cricket in these countries isn't so large, ex-pat Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Aussies etc make up a large % of the small % too.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
age_master said:
getting close to half the world, ofcourse the numbers of people playing cricket in these countries isn't so large, ex-pat Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Aussies etc make up a large % of the small % too.
So what, the game is still growing year after year...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James90 said:
I'm always one to go for the underdogs and show interest in the minnows but I really doubt they are up to the standard. And as a Bangladesh supporter I'm worried that they will just play each other so the teams have a decent win/loss ratio and overtake Bangladesh on the ladder even though the Tigers could and most likely would humiliate them.
I would've thought the points system for the ICC ODI rankings would be altered to reflect it.

The alternative is for Bangladesh to be one of the major sides to play the lower sides.

Steulen

International Regular
age_master said:
And remember that among those 96 "nations" are Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar, and other specks of land still chanting God Save The Queen.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard to come on here and discredit any runs or wickets by these players against the new boys as "ODIs" and don't count even though they are official matches.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
they should keep playing against each other, it gives cahnces for a few upsets as well

COME ON THE MINNOWS!!!!!!!!!!

brockley

International Captain
Australia play scotland in a friendly later this tour,wouldn't this now constitute a one day international if scotland qualify.

Steulen

International Regular
It would, yes. Not that it will, but in the future such a game would count as a full ODI, and rightly so.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sure this is around somewhere, but I've missed it - when exactly will these nations be added to the 11 who are currently "full ODI" teams? What date will it come into effect?

Steulen

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Sure this is around somewhere, but I've missed it - when exactly will these nations be added to the 11 who are currently "full ODI" teams? What date will it come into effect?
I assume the moment it is known which 5 nations it concerns, i.e. after the conclusion of the ICC Trophy in two weeks' time.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Steulen said:
It would, yes. Not that it will, but in the future such a game would count as a full ODI, and rightly so.
I reckon they'll make it a 12-a-side game just to prevent it becoming an ODI.

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
Richard to come on here and discredit any runs or wickets by these players against the new boys as "ODIs" and don't count even though they are official matches.
dont see any reason why they should.

brockley

International Captain
Just read that the 5 new countries can't start playing one day internationals till january.Wonder how this will effect kenya,they play zimbabwe and bangladesh in a tri series in november.I think the changes should be immediate so the australia scotland game is a full international.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
I doubt the Scotland vs. Australia match will be a full ODI (this too is presuming that Scotland DO qualify) but the ICC will probably ensure that Kenya's games in the tri-series in Bangladesh will be full ODIs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
brockley said:
Just read that the 5 new countries can't start playing one day internationals till january.Wonder how this will effect kenya,they play zimbabwe and bangladesh in a tri series in november.I think the changes should be immediate so the australia scotland game is a full international.
Seems a bit unfair on The Scots, Micks & Dutch (assuming some/any/all of them make the top 5) as January is our mid-winter & they're unlikely to be arranging too many tours.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be any reason why the changes can't be immediate. For any NH teams it's rather like winning the lottery & then being told you can't spend any of it for a year if not....

Craig

World Traveller
tooextracool said:
dont see any reason why they should.
What the games count as official ODIs or the wickets or runs taken?

As far as I am concerned they are official, and you can't pick and choose them out of arguements as if they never happened despite the fact they did.