• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ground you've played on?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Apart from mucking around on the gabba during lunch of Pura Cup plays the best I've played on is the turf of Pine Rivers DCC and Valley DCC.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Why, North Park, Goulburn.

The site of my first (of two) scores in double figures and my first occasion of 'being on a hat trick'.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Lilac Hill, Flattest deck u will ever see. The place where a festival match is played every year to kick off the aussie cricket season

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
In Melbourne: Junction Oval and The Albert
In Adelaide: St. Peters College
In Queensland: Caloundra (under lights, awesome!)

Kasper

Banned
Um, me...

Allan Boarder Oval
Nortgate No.1

From what I've played on nothing is anywhere near those two...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The YMCA ground. That is where most of my school matches happened. And that is where I averaged 17 in 10 over matches. :D

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Forget the ground name but i remember that it had a two storey club house thing. The bottom level had these great change rooms that actually didn't smell. On the 2nd floor there was a wide screen tv, air con and a cafe. There was also a balcony to watch the game. But instead we watched cricket on the tv. I also remember it because i won 6 free mars bars until the guy stopped us

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kasper said:
Um, me...

Allan Boarder Oval
Nortgate No.1

From what I've played on nothing is anywhere near those two...
I'm no good at Geography, so this might seem like a stupid quesiton.

Is the Northgate field at the Nudgee grounds?

I drive past them every time I head up the coast and almost drive off the gateway because I stare at them too much - they are picturesque grounds - that's for sure.

Kasper

Banned
I'm not from Brisbane...but I think they are in Nudgee but are owned by Brisbane Grammar. You can see them sort of from above as you drive along a big road...but yeah I am not to sure.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Brisbane Grammar are awesome grounds, simply because there is hardly a difference in standard of them between the 4 or 5 of them that they have there. Outfield is pristine, and the pitches are just flat and hard as (in the one week that I played on them, hehe).

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
The County ground Bristol

Ok at lunch and obviously we're not allowed anywhere near the wicket but I can dream.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Forget the ground name but i remember that it had a two storey club house thing. The bottom level had these great change rooms that actually didn't smell. On the 2nd floor there was a wide screen tv, air con and a cafe. There was also a balcony to watch the game. But instead we watched cricket on the tv. I also remember it because i won 6 free mars bars until the guy stopped us
Like Pine Rivers. There's a bit of a dugout thing underneath the ground and lockers and toilets. Then upstairs there's a balcony where the scorers sit and the scoreboard and inside there's a pool table, television and a bar. The ground's not too bad either.