• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What happened/is happening with them

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Australia

Mike Whitney
Peter McIntyre
Gavin Robertson
Shane Lee

England

Richard Johnson
Neil Fairbrother
Jack Russell

Pakistan

Md. Zahid
Ali Naqvi
Md. Wasim

West Indies

David Williams
Phil Simmons
Jimmy Adams

Zimbabwe

Paul Strang
Bryan Strang
Craig Evans
Alistair Campbell
Ray Price

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Fairbrother and Russell are retired. Fairbrother is now working for ISM.

I was wondering myself about the two Strang's the other day...

Craig

World Traveller
I believe Russell is painting pieces of artwork that make him a lot of money. Good luck to him.

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
All the Australians are pretty much retired.

Mike Whitney - Retired for a while and was host of "who dares wins" and "sydney weekender" (travel show)
Peter McIntyre - Retired probably
Gavin Robertson - Retired but still probably plays for a social club
Shane Lee - Dont think hes retired yet but is getting close to, as he has not been in the NSW team for a while.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Gavin Robertson and Shane Lee are still in band Six & Out. Phil Simmons coached Zimbabwe when they were in Bangladesh earlier this year. Ray Price is playing county cricket? And is coming back into the fray for the national team. I really don't know what happened with Jimmy Adams. He last played in Sydney and was as captain. I thought he could be tried as without the captaincy

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Entrael said:
All the Australians are pretty much retired.

Mike Whitney - Retired for a while and was host of "who dares wins" and "sydney weekender" (travel show)
Peter McIntyre - Retired probably
Gavin Robertson - Retired but still probably plays for a social club
Shane Lee - Dont think hes retired yet but is getting close to, as he has not been in the NSW team for a while.
Mike Whitney - media
Peter McIntyre - Solicitor or Accountant I think
Gavin Robertson - Fox Sports and Radio
Shane Lee - retired with chronic knee problems a couple of years ago

Chubb

International Regular
Paul Strang- Injured his wrist which meant he couldn't bowl leggies anymore, change to RMs for his province but retired soon after. Don't know where he is now but he did used to commentate on games in Zimbabwe for Sky and Supersport - he read out Andy Flower and Henry Olonga's black armband statement for the first time during the WC match v. Namibia.

Bryan Strang- Wasn't getting picked but was still playing for his province until he wrote a letter to the Wisden Cricketer about how he was verbally abused by a black ZCU official who took objection to his selection for a provincial colts team- he dropped a "new Taibu" in favour of an in-form white boy. After that he was banned for making political comments but returned in the Faithwear OD tournament this year. He's a lot slower than he used to be.

Craig Evans- Jettisoned after the Australia tour at the end of 2003, I don't think he's still in the country, he doesn't seem to have played for his province, Matabeleland. at 35 his career is effectively over anyway.

Alistair Campbell- Retired when it became clear he would not be picked anymore, way before the rebellion. He runs Lilfordia School with his family now I think (his Dad has been headmaster there for years), and he's still in Zimbabwe, was mentioned in the Wisden Cricketer during England's 2004 tour.

The Raymeister- Ray is playing for Worcestershire, doing well and as far as I know does not want to go back to playing for Zimbabwe. He does apparently feel aggrieved about Heath streak going back having led him out, but I think he's moved on.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Richard Johnson still (technically) plays for Somerset, but he never actually plays because he's always injured. Still useful though, and not quite over the hill yet.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Richard Johnson is still playing county cricket for Somerset, played eight FC games this season, 160 runs @ 14.54 and 13 wickets @ 55.53. He's also played five List-A games, with considerably more success, 31 runs @ 15.50 and 7 wickets @ 17.85 (economy 3.57) He's 30, though, so I expect time's run away from him a bit.

Craig

World Traveller
Probably would have played more for England if he weren't injured so often. I mean he was picked back in 1994-95 for the tour of SA but stayed at home because of his back.

V Reddy

International Debutant
C'mon don't tell me you haven't seen that AXN "Who Dares Win" which he hosts with Tanya Zaetta. They even made India specials with them touring various cities. Its a very popular programme in India too.

Craig

World Traveller
What ever happened to the guy who was sub for Ian Healy in the tour of Pakistan back in 1994 Phil Emery? I know he;s retired, but does he still play some form of club cricket?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Yes I saw that on tv. It was a few years ago though. Still in media and doing some thing?
He's done a lot of episodes of Who Dares Wins in India, and even started another show called AXN- Extreme Dhamaka, which we don't find now. Having Ravi Shastri as a guest on one of these shows would be interesting- they may be better friends now.