• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What happened/is happening with them

Slow Love™

International Captain
Jimmy Adams was a real tragedy. I know his average steadily slipped after his great start in test cricket, but even though the West Indians were creamed so badly in Australia in 2001, he was relatively defiant, and played some decent innings in a series in which all the WI bats struggled. I could see why he lost the captaincy, but dropping him from the team seemed like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I was curious what had happened to him, and googled just now - apparently he finished his career in South Africa, captaining Free State, before retiring from all cricket in 2004.

willb88

Cricket Spectator
Paul Strang

He plays for a team in my league, New Brighton CC bowling medium batting high up.
Liverpool & District Comp

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
A few more players :

C.Cuffy
J.Lawson
T.Yohannan
A.Salvi
Yohannan was a rubbish bowler...he's still playing Ranji trophy for Kerala though.
Aaviskhar Salvi was far, far more impressive....however he has been decidedly unlucky with injuries....so much so that he missed most of the 2003/2004 and the 2004/2005 seasons.

If he can stay fit this season and perform well from Mumbai, I'd back him to be in India colours sometime next year possibly for the tour of South Africa.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lawson has been selected for the West Indies senior side to tour Sri Lanka.

Phil Simmons is currently coaching.

David Williams did some coaching for Trinidad and Tobago and is currently a player/coach at club level.

Jimmy Adams is playing cricket somewhere in England I believe. Uncertain. He's unofficially retired though.

Swervy

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Jimmy Adams is playing cricket somewhere in England I believe. Uncertain. He's unofficially retired though.
Jimmy Adams was playing for St Annes (in the Northern League in Lancashire)in 2004, dont know if he is this year though

He scored almost 1000 runs and took 34 wickets

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Alex Wharf? Seemed to be doing quite well last time I saw him, is he injured or something?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jimmy Adams still makes (occasional) studio appearances as a pundit when Sky are covering overseas tours or series, so my guess is that he's still playing league cricket or that he's (choke) got a 'proper' job.