Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Collingwood has a death wish

Paul Collingwood has a death wish

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    i dont really think it could be called a death wish, however it would be interesting to see how the aussies bowl to him in the natwest final when he bats

u gotta be out of ur mind to pick a fight with matty hayden..

especially if he's holding a bat :P

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Hussain made a very good poitn during commentary. Usually the fielders liked to stay away from such a thing he said as they would have to face the Aussie stick if they came up.On this specific scenario, every one acted as a team. Collingwood came in, Flintoff came in.

The throw by Jones was unwarranted and not to be condoned by any means ofcourse and the sky commentators saying it was involuntary were speaking hogwash according to me. Hayden had every right to react but he should have simmered down after the apology.

But the incident brought out the change in the English team more than many others.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    But the incident brought out the change in the English team more than many others.
    Jones undies for one, did you see his face when he crapped himself as Hayden turned around.

Sticking for your team mates is no excuse for picking up a fight with a guy who has been wronged. For all the sledging the Aussies get involved in, getting physical is one thing you can never accuse them of. I hope Collingwood wears his diapers next time he walks out to bat.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    On this specific scenario, every one acted as a team. Collingwood came in, Flintoff came in.

and Hayden could take all of them
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Whilst none of the actions of the players in that situation can be condoned (starting with Simon Jones), it is pleasing in some ways to see that England are willing to stick up for each other - this kind of "all-for-one, one-for-all" attitude has been the backbone of some of the great sporting teams of all time.

Collingwood waded into that dispute because he wasn't afraid of Hayden - he wasn't afraid of Hayden because he knew he had intimidating guys like Pietersen and Flintoff to back him up. A confidence in your team-mates' support breeds confidence in your own actions, and a lack of fear of the opposition. In the Ashes, these will be important factors. This little scrap could help England - they have proven they do not fear Australia. Not for their cricket, not for their aggression, not for their talent, not for their physical power - not at all.

Collingwood won't be worried next time he walks out to bat. He knows for every hit he takes, the Aussie quicks will take two or three when they bat.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    and Hayden could take all of them
    Hayden couldn't even take Flintoff. Flintoff used to box until he was 16, plus he's bigger than Hayden.

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Jones undies for one, did you see his face when he crapped himself as Hayden turned around.
    An unfortunate incident, and yes, Simon Jones really did look a little worried, to say the least - or maybe he wondered about the consequences of his action. After all, he got into huge amounts of hot water in the West Indies for giving batsmen momentous 'send-offs'.

Personally, I thought that Hayden's reaction was yet another example of how England are getting under the skin of some of these Aussies - and long may that at least continue.

The next ball really should have been a beamer, though.

(I joke, I joke)
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    The throw by Jones was unwarranted and not to be condoned by any means ofcourse and the sky commentators saying it was involuntary were speaking hogwash according to me.
    I don't think it was unwarranted and he immediately apologised - it was an unfortunate bounce up onto Hayden, there was no intent to hit him, because there's no way Jones could've predicted that bounce.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Personally, I thought that Hayden's reaction was yet another example of how England are getting under the skin of some of these Aussies - and long may that at least continue.
    Honestly though, I'm not sure hitting them with the ball is the way England want to be getting under the Australian's skin. I mean, anybody is liable to get worked up if you chuck the ball at them and hit them in the head, but it's not like Hayden was shaken up by a good bouncer or being dismissed or something like that.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

I'm sure that you'd find Australians who would say that Hayden's actions were indicative of how the Australians are going to be punching back all the way through the series, no matter how much England try and spark up, etc. Not worth reading too much into, I would have thought.

All in all, it means dead set nothing. Neither team really gains a "psychological win" or anything out of it, it wasn't as though any of the combatants took a blatant step down or shied away from confrontation.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I don't think it was unwarranted and he immediately apologised - it was an unfortunate bounce up onto Hayden, there was no intent to hit him, because there's no way Jones could've predicted that bounce.
    I don't think Jones meant to hit him, but the throw was obviously pointless and unwarranted. Hayden had his back half-turned and was already well within the crease. There was no possible intent from Jones except to shake the batsman up by throwing it back to the keeper and trying to intimidate him or whatever, and Hayden had every right to get upset with him given that it wasn't a legitimate run out attempt anything of the sort.

It also set the scene for the worst bouts of biased commentary from the Sky team yet, with David Lloyd referring to it as "the incident earlier where Simon Jones tried to run Hayden out and he didn't like it". I mean, come on...

Quote Originally Posted by deeps
    u gotta be out of ur mind to pick a fight with matty hayden..

especially if he's holding a bat :P
    Even without holding a bat, he is still a strong guy (I once heard he bench presses the most kg in the whole Aussie team).

I don't blame Hayden for getting upset, I would too, and so would everybody else.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information