• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your 5 favourite cricket grounds (for what ever reason)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mine...

1 MCG........Sheer size and Bay 13
2 Lords........History and tradition
3 Pukekura Park.......Cricketing heaven
4 Headingley......The Dodgy wicket and NZ's first victory in Eng
5 WACA................Pace

Worth a mention.......Adelaide Oval, The Oval, Trent Bridge, Gabba, SCG, Basin Reserve, Ellis Park, Sabina Park

shaka

International Regular
1 Newlands - close to where I used to live, great atmosphere
2 WACA - love the pace and scores, Vettori for some reason does well here
3 Eden Park - lots of sixes, small ground, home of the Blues rugby team
4 Lords - the history of it all, I think Mark Rigor Richardson scored a century here.
5 Ellis Park - home of 95 Springboks winning the Rugby world Cup

King_Ponting

International Regular
WACA- My home ground and the place where Pontings talent was first portrayed on the international scene
Lords- For the aformentioned reasons
SCG- Place where Steve waughs career ended- Always enjoy the 4 and 5 day wickets there
MCG- Boxing day test, home to some of the great matches played worldwide
Colonial Stadium - Just cause it has a roof

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
MCG - The Australian home of cricket, Boxing Day test matches, and for many years some quite good, helpful wickets for the bowlers.
Headingley - Utterly unpredictable wicket, often bowler friendly, and the venue for many great matches over the years.
SCG - A lovely looking ground that is great to attend cricket at, and a scene for many great moments in cricket.
WACA - A great wicket to watch quality fast bowling on, and close to unique among grounds in the world. Curtley Ambrose and Glenn McGrath.
Eden Gardens - Huge atmosphere, massive, vocal crowds, and a huge home ground advantage for India.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Grace Road- GO FOXES!
Oakham School- GO RUTLAND!
Trent Bridge- GO MIDLANDS!
Lords'- GO ENGLAND
CW Oval- GO CWXI.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Old Trafford - My Home ground and i just love everything about it.

MCG - Huge ground with a superb atmosphere.

Eden Gardens - Another ground huge ground with a superb atmosphere, for me its the best ground in the sub-continent.

Lord's - The home of cricket & has produced some great matches over the years.

Sabina Park - Was thier when Harmison wrecked the windies, the caribbean crowd where fantastic and i will never forget those carib girls :D

worthwhile mentions: SCG, New lands, Chennai, Queenstwon in NZ (Superb looking venue)

Chubb

International Regular
Upottery Cricket Ground - home ground, with a legendary sloping pitch
Hutton Polo Fields- my 2nd home in Essex
Clyst Hydon CG- favourite "other" Devon ground
Bulawayo- What an outfield!
Harare- Lovely pavilion

Little bit different...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
1. MCG - Boxing Day
2. Lords - esteem
3. WACA - sitting under shades on a hot day
4. Adelaide Oval - manages to feel like a small local ground, despite holding 20,000
5. Eden Gardens - gotta love a place with an atmosphere like that.

I've been to watch an ODI at Telstra Stadium (as it's now called :p ) and its really not that good a venue to watch cricket at. Outfield terrible, pitch low and slow - its test tube cricket.

cricket player

International Debutant
Sharjah,Great ground,Some of the best odis between Pakistan and India

Harare,Love the ground great pavillion lovely crowd

permadasa,Beautifull atmosphere and srroundings

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
aussie said:
Eden Gardens - Another ground huge ground with a superb atmosphere, for me its the best ground in the sub-continent.
Its not actually a huge ground. Just a huge crowd and brilliant atmosphere :) (except ofcourse when the crowd gets cross)

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
#1 : Eden Gardens - the best cricket ground i've ever been to in terms of atmosphere
#2 : Maracana- the largest ground in the world, it has that sizzle and mystique...whenever brazil plays there, my pulse races
#3 : Cape Town - really beautiful and a very nice lil ground
#4 : WACA- the WACA mystique lives on
#5 : Christchurch- dunno why, but i've always liked that ground.

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
i like the honolulu, hawaii cricket ground....because the backdrop is soooo beautiful, and the weather ALWAYS perfect.

by the way the pictures old. they actual stadium is built with stands and all now.

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
no sir. it got delayed untill mid august.

and I WILL enjoy it though (thats the plan anyway). pictures will be posted on here too.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Eden Gardens - Amazing Ground, great history and greatest fans

WACA - I love the fast pitch on this ground

Lords - History, Tradition, culture, you name it and this ground has it. I guess it is the best place to watch, play and learn cricket and its history, not to forget the Image of KapilDev lifting the World Cup was taken at Lords ;).

Keenan Stadium - My Home ground, its just amazing.

Galle - Murali's most successful ground and it is here SKW took his 500th wicke. This was a beautiful stadium until tsunami destroyed it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Galle - Murali's most successful ground and it is here SKW took his 500th wicke. This was a beautiful stadium until tsunami destroyed it.
I was thinking about putting this at 5. Terrible, what happened to it. Let's hope it can eventually be restored and regain that aesthetic appeal.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gabba - since its redevelopment, it must be the best ground in Aus
SCG - history, aesthetic appeal
Lords - ditto
Oval - great wicket to play on
Hong Kong & Kowloon - great bars, better city