• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Premier-Grade Players and coach wanted

PapakuraCricket

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone

this is a call to all players in the South Auckland/Counties Manukau region (and beyond!!) in NZ who want to play top-level cricket.

Papakura Cricket Club is entering a team into the Counties Manukau Premier Grade for the first time in seven years, and we are on the lookout for top players to bolster our ranks.

Our previous coach, Phil Hodder (Auckland B rep), has left for England, so we also require a coach with qualifications who can look after the Premier Squad (Prems team and Senior A team, which is one down from Prems).

Though the club has been in the doldrums, we are now the most forward thinking club in the region, and want to carry on in the same vein as last seasons successes (our top three teams all performed very well, and improved practice and playing facilities).

If you want to know more, please respond to this thread, or email me at rduncan5@hotmail.com

Thanks

Russell

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Oh, and I don't think there is anyone else from South Auckland on this forum.

I know a couple of people who might play but they would definately not be at prem level.
And on another note its good to see that Papakura are getting a prem team again

PapakuraCricket

Cricket Spectator
Thanks man, yeah we're 99% certain we'll be there, just need some things to go our way, as we dont want to get in there and get smashed, like Glenbrook. We want to be competitive, but to do that we need a few new players and a coach. I just stumbled across this website, and thought "Nothing to lose".

You must be fed up with Karaka though :) Come and join us!

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
PapakuraCricket said:
Thanks man, yeah we're 99% certain we'll be there, just need some things to go our way, as we dont want to get in there and get smashed, like Glenbrook. We want to be competitive, but to do that we need a few new players and a coach. I just stumbled across this website, and thought "Nothing to lose".

You must be fed up with Karaka though :) Come and join us!
Haha not at all, especially seeing as they think I'm really good out there - I always happened to do well whenever important people were watching.

I'm not sure how competitive you will be if you simply promote your Senior A team - they were pretty good last year I think but its a big step up to prems - look at what has happened to Glenbrook. So I take it your trying to attract prem players from other clubs? And with the coach, I'm not convinced that they're crucial - as far as I know our prems haven't had a coach for years and we've done pretty well recently

PapakuraCricket

Cricket Spectator
We had a coach last year, and he gave guys more direction that what they might normally have had. (for instance, in games we perhaps should have lost, like away to Karaka in the 2-dayer, we managed to draw, and almost/should have won) Its an outside point of view as well, which can be welcome.

I imagine that maybe 5 or 6 players from our Senior A team that won the comp can make the jump, so we're trying to attract players from other clubs. We have a good response from a handful so far, but still need a few more. Not easy though, how do you advertise the fact that you're looking for players? Wouldn't have a clue!

cricket player

International Debutant
Papakuracricket,If I was in New Zealand Auckland I would have certinly played for your club,Dont know how good premier grade players are,but I would have a been a good talent in the team.
good luck finding players.

Natman20

International Debutant
Sir Redman said:
Oh, and I don't think there is anyone else from South Auckland on this forum.

I know a couple of people who might play but they would definately not be at prem level.
And on another note its good to see that Papakura are getting a prem team again
Im from Puke but I cant help lol

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Hahaha, I'm sure they need you guys' amazing talents, they could win the comp if they got some players with defens like Dravid and spin like Vettori eh CP? Sadly I don't think they have the funds to fly you over but we can all dream for them can't we?

Edit: And if your wondering whether you have the talent to make the premier team, I'd say you'd need to have a pretty decent average in which of batting and bowling your better at. I am an allrounder (mainly batting, but you wouldn't think that looking at my averages) with a batting average of 30ish and bowling average of 15-20 (though that's only so low due to a 6-17, 4-36 and 4-16 in a few games :) )over the last two years and I am only on the verge of making my premier team.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He fields like Collingwood, bowls seam like McGrath then switches to Murali-style spin.

Oh and bats like Lara.

Or is it fields like Murali, bowls spin like Collingwood, bowls seam like Lara and bats like McGrath?!

PapakuraCricket

Cricket Spectator
Sir Redman said:
Hahaha, I'm sure they need you guys' amazing talents, they could win the comp if they got some players with defens like Dravid and spin like Vettori eh CP? Sadly I don't think they have the funds to fly you over but we can all dream for them can't we?

Edit: And if your wondering whether you have the talent to make the premier team, I'd say you'd need to have a pretty decent average in which of batting and bowling your better at. I am an allrounder (mainly batting, but you wouldn't think that looking at my averages) with a batting average of 30ish and bowling average of 15-20 (though that's only so low due to a 6-17, 4-36 and 4-16 in a few games :) )over the last two years and I am only on the verge of making my premier team.

Hey Sir Redman, whats your name? Probably played against you?