• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Players

ash chaulk

International Captain
I dont really read up on cricket that much and i was just wondering where the following england players are--

James Anderson
Simon Jones
James Foster
Nick Knight

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
- Anderson is floating around the fringes of the team.
- Jones is playing Tests as the fourth seamer.

Someone else can fill you in on the rest.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
James Foster - averaging 45 for Essex
Nick Knight - still playing for the Brummy Gits and now a regular (and quite exceptional) television pundit

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
- Anderson is floating around the fringes of the team.
Don't know about that - currently Tremlett, Lewis, Kabir Ali and Wharf all appear to be ahead of him.
And as for Tests, he's way, way out of it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
If that Jones fellow's current form continues, is he a chance for England?
Well, he's an exceptional (still) young keeper in the classical mould, so no, he's probably got no chance.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
If that Jones fellow's current form continues, is he a chance for England?
Prior and even Read seem to be ahead of him.

Where was Read / Jones were or are given a number of chances, Foster seems to have been discarded for some reason.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SpaceMonkey said:
Prior and even Read seem to be ahead of him.

Where was Read / Jones were or are given a number of chances, Foster seems to have been discarded for some reason.
The only time I've seen him was when he filled in for Alec Stewart during the last Ashes tour downunder, he didn't look that bad with either gloves or bat.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
The only time I've seen him was when he filled in for Alec Stewart during the last Ashes tour downunder, he didn't look that bad with either gloves or bat.
thats why i asked

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ash chaulk said:
is hick or tudor retired???

or is tudor too scared to face lee?
Hick still plays for Worcestershire, too useless to be in the England side (not to mention too old)

Tudor is injured all the time, currently on a one-year contract with Essex.

Rich2001

International Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
It was purley the time at which he broke into the side that was the reason, he came in as cover when Stewy refused to travel to India.

He covered the NZ/India series then picked up a freak injury in training that ruled him out for a fair while, Stewy came back in as he always would and by the time he retired 3 years later, Foster was in a bad patch with Essex while Read was having a good season.

Foster though in the last couple of seasons has put in some decent figures and iam sure he would be in the mix... Not sure if it's just me but does Prior's name seem to have gone quiet? there was a massive hype around and Jonesy saw him off and now I can't say I've heard a thing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Hick still plays for Worcestershire, too useless to be in the England side (not to mention too old)
Hick has had a wretched season so far but anyone who thinks Solanki, Vaughan, Strauss, Collingwood et al are better one-day batsmen needs their head examined.
Hick is too old, not too useless.
Tudor is injured all the time, currently on a one-year contract with Essex.
And now out for the rest of the season.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Trapped lbw by that magnificently innocuous Stephen Waugh straight ball.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
Well, he's an exceptional (still) young keeper in the classical mould, so no, he's probably got no chance.
Exceptional wicketkeeper?
Are we on the same planet?
Foster's not as bad as he used to be but he's far from exceptional and I'd venture to say he never, ever will be either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich2001 said:
Foster though in the last couple of seasons has put in some decent figures and iam sure he would be in the mix... Not sure if it's just me but does Prior's name seem to have gone quiet? there was a massive hype around and Jonesy saw him off and now I can't say I've heard a thing.
Well Prior was in the NWC squad, as a batsman... rather absurd IMO... but he certainly still seems to be in the minds of the selectors.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True, but Foster has many other faults and certainly didn't bat well at The MCG 2002\03.