• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane and Simone split

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
There was a poll undertaken in Australia today and Australian women were asked if they would have an affair with Shane Warne. 73% responded - Never Again.
<quack> Your duck wrote that. Something that funny could never have been said by a human. :D :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
How on earth does Warnes marriage bring the game of cricket in Australia into disrepute.

Its tabliod stuff for sad lonely people with no life of their own.
Precisely - if it were Joe Bloggs would he be bringing his profession into disrepute?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
Like I said "Its tabliod stuff for sad lonely people with no life of their own." nothing at all to do with cricket.
That doesn't normally stop you, Scallywag, but for the record, you are absolutely right on this occasion.

Aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhh. Twice in an hour. I'm off for a lie down. The only trouble is, I suffer from insomnia. I tried counting sheep but some Aussie kept stealing them

Ah, that's better.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
King_Ponting said:
Dont you mean some kiwi kept ****ing them?
That is a recent trait, caused mainly by an influx of Welsh subsistence farmers who emigrated to New Zealand in the 1960's because the sheep pictured in the advert was so pretty.

No, I was talking 18th as opposed to 20th century history. I appreciate that I wasn't entirely accurate, and the majority of Transportees were not sent down under for Dolly-related crimes, but you try getting to sleep by counting loaves of bread.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scallywag said:
How on earth does Warnes marriage bring the game of cricket in Australia into disrepute.

Its tabliod stuff for sad lonely people with no life of their own.
Well, it has been deemed so in the past. He was stripped of the Aussie Vice-Captaincy.

Mister Wright

GoT_SpIn said:
Apparantly there back together again...
They are not back together. Simone released a statement to Channel (in Australia) saying something along the lines that the current holiday in Spain was already planned and they are soughting things out and Shane is spending some time with his kids. They are heading towards divorce and she has hired a manager to deal with it.

Mister Wright

luckyeddie said:
<quack> Your duck wrote that. Something that funny could never have been said by a human. :D :D
I'll admit I didn't come up with it, however it was said by a human.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
They are not back together. Simone released a statement to Channel (in Australia) saying something along the lines that the current holiday in Spain was already planned and they are soughting things out and Shane is spending some time with his kids. They are heading towards divorce and she has hired a manager to deal with it.
Yer just read that

howardj

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Precisely - if it were Joe Bloggs would he be bringing his profession into disrepute?
Can you read? As stated, it's not his marriage problems that bring his profession into disrepute, but his immoral conduct - which is not isolated, but repetitive. As the Australian cricketers acknowledged themselves - with their Spirit of Cricket compact - poor off-field behaviour damages the image of cricket in Australia. Got it?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
I'll admit I didn't come up with it, however it was said by a human.
<quack> Sir Francis Drake? Someone going by the name of Muscovy, Mallard or Bombay?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
howardj said:
Can you read? As stated, it's not his marriage problems that bring his profession into disrepute, but his immoral conduct - which is not isolated, but repetitive.
So a Lawyer who has multiple affairs should be sacked then?

howardj

International Coach
marc71178 said:
So a Lawyer who has multiple affairs should be sacked then?
8-) If you can't work out the difference in publicity that a public figure and a lawyer would generate, then that doesn't reflect too well on your intelligence. A normal citizen is unlikely to generate adverse publicity for his/her company, and therefore the company's reputation is not adversely effected or brought into disrepute, because nobody knows about it.

By contrast, someone like Warne, who uses his status as a public figure to generate rich endorsement deals, is in a profession which generates enormous publicity. Therefore, repeated immoral behaviour is likely to generate adverse publicity - which is the price one rightfully pays for profiting off their public reputation - which is likely to bring his profession into disrepute.

Anyway, this has gone about as far as it can go. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
howardj said:
8-) If you can't work out the difference in publicity that a public figure and a lawyer would generate, then that doesn't reflect too well on your intelligence.
What I want to know is what is the difference?

We're all humaan beings - and why should one man be penalised for something that another won't be?

As soon as you start to resort to insults it shows how fragile your point really is.

howardj

International Coach
marc71178 said:
What I want to know is what is the difference?

We're all humaan beings - and why should one man be penalised for something that another won't be?

As soon as you start to resort to insults it shows how fragile your point really is.
Because if you profit from your image - as players do with sponsorship etc - you have a responsibility to conduct yourself in a proper manner in all facets of your life....something the Australian players acknowledge themselves in their Spirit of Cricket compact. I understand what you're saying (people shouldn't be penalised unequally for the same act) but public figures have certain responsibilities - as the cricketers acknowledge themselves. Nobody is saying they have to act like a saint, but just not in the repetitiously immoral way the Warne does.

Mister Wright

howardj said:
Because if you profit from your image - as players do with sponsorship etc - you have a responsibility to conduct yourself in a proper manner in all facets of your life....something the Australian players acknowledge themselves in their Spirit of Cricket compact. I understand what you're saying (people shouldn't be penalised unequally for the same act) but public figures have certain responsibilities - as the cricketers acknowledge themselves. Nobody is saying they have to act like a saint, but just not in the repetitiously immoral way the Warne does.
Agree Completely.