• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dodda Ganesh

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea i think hes right , ganesh was good at a time , but then the selectors gave up on him , i dont they they have his eyes on him as there are many other Indian bowlers to choose from in the domestic game from india

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's looking more and more likely that a second string will be the Indian squad. If that is the case, I can see the entire U-19 squad going.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
People have respect for Dodda Ganesh at the domestic level. He wont blast anyone out, but is quite good all the same. For bowlers of his type and speed, it's not easy to say either way -whether he will make it or not in the international level- without sufficient exposure..
LoD is right, there are other prospects like Balaji, Patel etc. who have better records in the domestic circuit.

Many of us dont watch our domestic circuit as keenly as you (luckyeddie, neil, ..) do. So i think that all of us are simply guessing! From comments, stats, it doesnt look like Ganesh will be chosen very soon.. but again, maybe the selectors know their men..

Doddanarasiah Ganesh, right arm medium fast bowler, was the most successful bowler for his domestic team, Karnataka, which boasts of other national players like Srinath, Prasad, Kumble and Joshi, in the 1998-1999 season. In his only One Day International for India (vs. Zimbabwe) he captured a wicket and conceded 20 runs in 5 overs. He played four test matches(in South Africa and West Indies) and captured only five wickets at an average of 57.40. Off late, he has improved his action and the change is paying off. He was unable to find a place in the team for the World Cup.