• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many forum members actually don't play cricket?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I threatened to give it up a number of times this season, but its probably too big a part of my life to throw away.. Especially as I'm finding a Kallis like niche of top order batsman and filler inner quick bowler, I've just got to keep it..

Racking up about six hours in the nets each week in the winter, and a season for me is 30-40 matches for several different XI's... Also hoping to be an overseas player in SAfrican or Aussie grade cricket at some stage

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't play (not unless backyard counts) I've played in the nets at the county ground and like to think of myself as a decent batsman :D

I'd like to sign up to a sunday team though.

archie mac

International Coach
No I gave it away a few years back, now I am working on my own team, which I will captain, I have 3 boys so far. Just 7 to go :)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
_Ed_ said:
I haven't played since high school, always intended to sign up for a club but have managed to get to half way through my second year of university without doing so. If that counts.
Same for me.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
I've got no talent at all, but it doesn't stop me trying - in fact, I can bowl everything, keep wicket and play all the shots in the book. Unfortunately I can't do any of the above to any standard at all...

I'd like to think I'm a good coach and a decent captain, though.
Yeah, I've often found that at my level of playing that the guys who make good captains usually can't do jack all on the field.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Played senior cricket in Dunedin on occasions when i lived there. I'm now constrained by work, but play senior/second grade in Invercargill when I get the chance.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I don't feel like going into my cricket at the moment. Pre-season started in May, and we don't get into bat and ball work till July. Just spending our time doing "conditioning" work. Fun 8-)

Chubb

International Regular
I play every saturday if I'm selected either for the 1sts in E Division East or the 2nds in D Division East IIs. I play almost all the friendlies in the season, on sundays and in midweek.
can't say i'm any good though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Have barely managed to play this season if that counts.
Been restricted to Sundays this and last season, and haven't been able to play every week this season either. Out of 6 matches I've been scheduled to play, 2 have avoided rain.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't played since last year. Combination of wrist problems and the fact that my club disbanded after last season.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Don't play either, want to though. Think I need to buy some pads and a bat first, then find a club which has sufficient Norwegian/English-speaking people to teach me what to do...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't played for years. I used to be a bit like Neil - better at captaincy than contributing much in the way of runs or overs. But it was great fun, and the social side was brilliant of course.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Don't play either, want to though. Think I need to buy some pads and a bat first, then find a club which has sufficient Norwegian/English-speaking people to teach me what to do...
As for pads, a couple of cod strapped to the legs will suffice - and as a makeshift 'box', why not slip a fish down the trousers?

It is important to avoid relatives of the genus Pagrus Auratus - they are not known as 'Snapper' without good cause. A good one to choose to dwell in the underpants might be Tetraodontidae - often called 'Blowfish'.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
To those of you yet to witness Hakon playing cricket - you're missing out :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Both my club and college captains can do sod all on the field, unlike the rest of the team, who in both cases are quite good..

In my club, the pressure on players trying to oust the captain because he is no good is pretty bad.. And when he leaves, nobody wants to replace him so, ironically, a really strong team could disband..