• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Vs Pakistan= England

archie mac

International Coach
With the amount of people now living in Engalnd of Indian or Pakistan heritage, will the day ever come when a Test Match is held in England involving these two Countries?
What would be the attendance?
Would England supporters be interested?
Is the English season already to crowded?
Would security be a concern?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
archie mac said:
With the amount of people now living in Engalnd of Indian or Pakistan heritage, will the day ever come when a Test Match is held in England involving these two Countries?
What would be the attendance?
Would England supporters be interested?
Is the English season already to crowded?
Would security be a concern?
1 - quite possible
2 - capacity
3 - yes
4 - yes
5 - no

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
On this note I'd just thought I'd mension that Leicester(the nearest city to me) is set to become the first city in England to have English people as a minority.

Woudn't this make this the perfect place in England to stage a match between India and Pakistan?

Realisticly it would go to Edgebaston, Birmingham

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
On this note I'd just thought I'd mension that Leicester(the nearest city to me) is set to become the first city in England to have English people as a minority.

Woudn't this make this the perfect place in England to stage a match between India and Pakistan?

Realisticly it would go to Edgebaston, Birmingham
Leicester will just have to content itself (along with Birmingham and Bradford) with being the curry capital of England.

And crisps.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
yeah. same as Eddie, there's already been a stand alone ODI iirc
The old Sahara Cup in Toronto, Canada.
I really hope it won't be neccessary now - with any luck the progress of the region, demonstrated best in their cricket, will be continued.

simmy

International Regular
I am a British Indian living in Kent... that really is an excellent idea. A guaranteed sell out... just a mini one day tournament or even a 20/20 comp would be great...

archie mac

International Coach
simmy said:
I am a British Indian living in Kent... that really is an excellent idea. A guaranteed sell out... just a mini one day tournament or even a 20/20 comp would be great...
Simmy,(or anyone else) I hope this is not a personal question, I was wodering how the India & Pakistan Cricket supporters living in England 'get along'?

mofo123

U19 12th Man
i am a pakistani supporter in england and i get along with all...just a shame abt the stick i get wen pakistan fail;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
archie mac said:
Simmy,(or anyone else) I hope this is not a personal question, I was wodering how the India & Pakistan Cricket supporters living in England 'get along'?
I've certainly never seen any problems.
Indeed, Hindu-Islam warfare is a very small problem in this country compared to Asia-Anglo warfare (which came to a head in 2001 and has been coralled since).

simmy

International Regular
There are always a few idiots. Acutally the shame is that at ODIs in particular the supporters tend to be complete idiots. You know.. the banner waving, whistle blowing morons who dont give a damn about the game.. they just go there to make noise and get drunk!

If we tactically shot all these idiots then should be no problems hehe!

simmy

International Regular
A game played in Pak or Ind between the two countries had no major problems.. so i cant see it being any different in England.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
simmy said:
There are always a few idiots. Acutally the shame is that at ODIs in particular the supporters tend to be complete idiots. You know.. the banner waving, whistle blowing morons who dont give a damn about the game.. they just go there to make noise and get drunk!

If we tactically shot all these idiots then should be no problems hehe!
In any game they're almost invariably in the minority.
And when they're in the majority you get crowd trouble a la Ind-WI 2002\03.