• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Sri Lanka

Craig

World Traveller
I'm going to take a close look at Miller, so far so good in terms of his FC stats, but I'm going to check on how he goes in helpfull conditions.

And Kerry Jeremy? What on earth ever happened to him? My best (only) memory of him is having his jaw broken at the WACA in 2000 and some ODIs for the Windies, then it is like he dropped off the face of the earth.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He's still been playing. Anyway here's the Windies squad that was announced today. Two players from the A Team will be added later on.

Shivnarine Chanderpaul (c)
Dinesh Ramdin(wk)
Chris Gayle
Brian Lara
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Wavell Hinds
Devon Smith
Pedro Collins
Corey Collymore
Fidel Edwards
Ian Bradshaw
Dwayne Bravo
Darren Powell

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well' it's been confirmed that Ramdin will take over from Browne. About time. I think the other two players will be Mohammed(more likely)/Miller and Samuels.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
He's still been playing. Anyway here's the Windies squad that was announced today. Two players from the A Team will be added later on.

Shivnarine Chanderpaul (c)
Dinesh Ramdin(wk)
Chris Gayle
Brian Lara
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Wavell Hinds
Devon Smith
Pedro Collins
Corey Collymore
Fidel Edwards
Ian Bradshaw
Dwayne Bravo
Darren Powell
Man that got to be the first time i'e seen a touring side pick 6 quicks (one all rounder) in a sqaud. With only six frontline batsmen, eight if you include Ramdin and Bravo they look one or two batsmen short.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only 2 of them are quick.

I'm happy to see Devon Smith in the squad.

Regarding Miller, he doesn't turn the ball. He gets wickets from accuracy and frustration/poor strokes. I think that he should be handled comfortably by the Sri Lankans.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Regarding Miller, he doesn't turn the ball. He gets wickets from accuracy and frustration/poor strokes. I think that he should be handled comfortably by the Sri Lankans.
I heard similar things about G Swann, but Sri Lanka A didn't handle him too well, but i gather your talking about the National Team

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

A bit like Ashley Giles?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ramdin is in! I win. :cool:

Mohammed better damn be added to the squad. All those quicks in Sri Lanka... dear dear.

dinu23

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

who are the quicks?

collymore
collins
bradshaw
edwards

thats more than two.