Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** West Indies in Sri Lanka

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    3-0 for sure, plus i dont think sri lanka's recent interntional form has been that bad. In ODI they're form helped them move up the 2nd and i'm not too sure about their recent test series but i dont think they're performaces in that has been bad either
    Their Test form has been pretty average and West Indies has should some signs of improvements. Also when we won 3-0 we were the No3 Test side in the world, we are no where near that form now.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Their Test form has been pretty average and West Indies has should some signs of improvements. Also when we won 3-0 we were the No3 Test side in the world, we are no where near that form now.
    I would strongly disagree !! The recent form you are talking about is in Tests when Murali didn't play !! Otherwise I think recent form is no different when he is part of the Team.

And we all know how different the Team does when he is part of it !!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Remembering how Lara played last time against a side that included Murali, and knowing the form he's in at the moment, I wouldn't like to call this series (although is Murali injured?)

I am not saying Lara won't do well, but it is just hard for me to fathom how a side that basically depends on two batsmen and two bowlers can win a match in this series. And I think Sri Lanka will be able to win atleast one match. So, maybe it will be closer than what I expect at this point of time, but it is hard to see any other result than Sri Lanka winning the series...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    I am not saying Lara won't do well, but it is just hard for me to fathom how a side that basically depends on two batsmen and two bowlers can win a match in this series.
    Erm, which side are you talking about there though?!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    lol... I agree to an extent, but Sri Lanka are playing at home and the Jayawardenes of the world will, I expect, have a whale of a time against this mostly one dimensional Windies bowling.

U19 Debutant
    The last time West Indies toured Sri Lanka, their bowling got slaughtered. And Sri Lanka even scored huge against South Africa and Sri Lanka at home. And West Indies has no real spinners. It's going to be a massacre. Not to mention the Murali factor.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    I'm backing my namesake to have a good series, match winning performance in Kandy me thinks
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dinu23
    yeah I know. but he's good player.I really hope he can get in to the OD team if not the test team. he has played some superb innings in OD games. i think he has more to offer to the team, and SL don't have a good player for the 6,7 positions.
    If Arnold can get some good knocks under his belt this tour i'm sure he'll get in to the team.
    I really hope not .... Arnold has lost so many ODI's for SL in the last year or two he played for them. He was pathetic in the WC in 2003 where I remember him not being able to get the ball off the square. I think he is a great 12th man though. I was very impressed by the way he used to the batsman's helmet's !

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose
    You are such a tosser Steds
    That may be so, but some peoples every second posts are cynical swipes at other forum members giving proper reasons, so at the moment I'm just happy I don't fall into that category

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose
    You are such a tosser Steds
    Absolutely no need for posts like that - this isn't the first unnecessary post of yours that we've noticed, either.

More bannings, Yay!
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

What is the schedule like for the A tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Legglancer
    I really hope not .... Arnold has lost so many ODI's for SL in the last year or two he played for them. He was pathetic in the WC in 2003 where I remember him not being able to get the ball off the square. I think he is a great 12th man though. I was very impressed by the way he used to the batsman's helmet's !
    he was going through a bad match in the 2003 WC. the selectors are giving him these chances to prove himself worthy of a place in the national side because they know his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    What is the schedule like for the A tour?
    Code:
    June	 	 	
    23-26	                  1st 4 Day Match	Dambulla	
    29-June-02-July	2nd 4 day Match	Colts	
    05-08	3rd              4 day Match	P.Sara	
    11	                  1st OD Match 	Moratuwa	
    13	                   2nd OD Match	CCC	
    15	                  3rd OD Match	NCC	
    17	                  4th OD Match	Moratuwa	
    19	                  5th OD Match	NCC

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Even at my most optimistic, I can't see the West Indies going any better than 2-0. I don't see anything in West Indies cricket that leads me to believe that they are capable of winning a Test match without a fair amount of help. Pakistan helped them in the first innings of the first Test, though Edwards bowled exceptionally.

I predict Collymore will bowl well as always, but will not make a match-winning impact. The batsmen will struggle against the first sniff of spin tossed up, as well as Vaas. I can see 400+ scores being the norm, but I don't think the West Indies is capable of doing so twice in a match overseas.

Dave Mohammed must be picked as the front-line spinner, as there is no other spinner approaching Test quality in the region right now. Even so, Mohammed is not up to scratch as yet. I don't see how Sri Lanka will escape the series limiting Lara to an average of less than 50. It'd take a dramatic collapse of factors for that to happen.

My overall predictions:
    1. the West Indies bowlers will not take 20 wickets in a match.
    2. Brian Lara will have a healthy series.
    3. Collymore will be the best West Indies bowler, but may be dropped due to lack of wickets, despite clearly being the most potent.

I've heard nothing to certainly suggest that Ramdin is in the senior team and there has been no official report. That said, the fact that hes out of the 'A' squad says something.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information