• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Sri Lanka

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
If the regular batsmen were there and the bowlers performed similarly, it looks like West Inides would have won 2-0.

Legglancer

State Regular
roseboy64 said:
If the regular batsmen were there and the bowlers performed similarly, it looks like West Inides would have won 2-0.
I don't agree .... If the rest of the WI team played the S Lankan team would really have been motivated to play at their potential. It seemed that the SL batsman were just going through the motions and turning it up only when the pressure was on !

I will gladly agree that the WI pace bowling is far superior to bangladesh ..... sadly the buck stops their !

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Ramdass looked good for the time he was out there. Morton and Joseph however need not be included in a squad again. Ok well maybe as 12th man.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Top_Cat said:
Exactly. Same reason why Murali's 8-fer and his 6-fer in the first Test should be looked upon in the proper light too; cheap wickets against the third team of the West Indies.
Agree with you on this . But Its not his fault that windies put up a crap batting side and a good bowling side on this occasion - May be their 3rd eleven ! :) But still gave the crap SL batsman a run for their money in the first innings ! :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
Think Sri Lanka would have been pretty happy to have someone else taking all the wickets this series. Would have been good for the future to see the Maestro to take the back seat to someone else.
There was a spinner who played for SL 'A' team called Weerakoon who took a lot of wickets and may have fitted the bill nicely if only the selectors had given him a go . :mellow:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
I guess the Sri Lankan board couldnt do any thing, or else they would have. They should have asked for compensation from the WICB for loss of revenues over lack of interest or lack of adequate returns for the sponsorts for the series.

This is why I thought a special pointer by Atapattu to thank the sponsors in the end was the least the Sri Lankans could do.
Lara usually inflates his batting average playing in SL , but maybe on this occasion he made the right call , going by the low scoring in both Test Matches. He must have had some foresight that his Batting average might suffer and selfish as he is known to be, wisely stayed away ! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
roseboy64 said:
I would agree with you , going by the poor batting display by the SL top order ! :mellow:

Don

State Vice-Captain
so pow pow gets another chance to shine.he better come good or else i wud find wat ever business he have down here and well thas all i have to say about that

Legglancer

State Regular
Don said:
so pow pow gets another chance to shine.he better come good or else i wud find wat ever business he have down here and well thas all i have to say about that
Just pray that he does not have to face Murali !

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The last time I remember Powell facing Murali was the 2003 World Cup and it was a classic example of why Powell isn't good enough. Big drive attempted first ball... missed and almost bowled. Very next ball, very same shot, bowled.

Legglancer

State Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The last time I remember Powell facing Murali was the 2003 World Cup and it was a classic example of why Powell isn't good enough. Big drive attempted first ball... missed and almost bowled. Very next ball, very same shot, bowled.
THats exactly my memory as well ..... and Murali didnt bowl the doosra then.