• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Sri Lanka

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
i can't see it being 3-nil this time around, i don't think our side is that good anymore, back then they were playing awsome, now they are playing pretty average.
3-0 for sure, plus i dont think sri lanka's recent interntional form has been that bad. In ODI they're form helped them move up the 2nd and i'm not too sure about their recent test series but i dont think they're performaces in that has been bad either

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
dinu23 said:
Murali is injured. but he will be ok by the time the tests start.
Murali has recovered from the injury that kept him out of Lanchashire's roses clash last week and the Tsunami game yesterday. He was bowling today againts derbyshire

dinu23

International Debutant
Legglancer said:
I hope they forget Arnold ..... he has been given too many chances and lost too many games for SL
yeah I know. but he's good player.I really hope he can get in to the OD team if not the test team. he has played some superb innings in OD games. i think he has more to offer to the team, and SL don't have a good player for the 6,7 positions.
If Arnold can get some good knocks under his belt this tour i'm sure he'll get in to the team.

dinu23

International Debutant
aussie said:
Murali has recovered from the injury that kept him out of Lanchashire's roses clash last week and the Tsunami game yesterday. He was bowling today againts derbyshire
glad to here it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
3-0 for sure, plus i dont think sri lanka's recent interntional form has been that bad. In ODI they're form helped them move up the 2nd and i'm not too sure about their recent test series but i dont think they're performaces in that has been bad either
Their Test form has been pretty average and West Indies has should some signs of improvements. Also when we won 3-0 we were the No3 Test side in the world, we are no where near that form now.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
Their Test form has been pretty average and West Indies has should some signs of improvements. Also when we won 3-0 we were the No3 Test side in the world, we are no where near that form now.
I would strongly disagree !! The recent form you are talking about is in Tests when Murali didn't play !! Otherwise I think recent form is no different when he is part of the Team.

And we all know how different the Team does when he is part of it !!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
marc71178 said:
Remembering how Lara played last time against a side that included Murali, and knowing the form he's in at the moment, I wouldn't like to call this series (although is Murali injured?)

I am not saying Lara won't do well, but it is just hard for me to fathom how a side that basically depends on two batsmen and two bowlers can win a match in this series. And I think Sri Lanka will be able to win atleast one match. So, maybe it will be closer than what I expect at this point of time, but it is hard to see any other result than Sri Lanka winning the series...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
honestbharani said:
I am not saying Lara won't do well, but it is just hard for me to fathom how a side that basically depends on two batsmen and two bowlers can win a match in this series.
Erm, which side are you talking about there though?!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol... I agree to an extent, but Sri Lanka are playing at home and the Jayawardenes of the world will, I expect, have a whale of a time against this mostly one dimensional Windies bowling.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
The last time West Indies toured Sri Lanka, their bowling got slaughtered. And Sri Lanka even scored huge against South Africa and Sri Lanka at home. And West Indies has no real spinners. It's going to be a massacre. Not to mention the Murali factor.

Legglancer

State Regular
dinu23 said:
yeah I know. but he's good player.I really hope he can get in to the OD team if not the test team. he has played some superb innings in OD games. i think he has more to offer to the team, and SL don't have a good player for the 6,7 positions.
If Arnold can get some good knocks under his belt this tour i'm sure he'll get in to the team.
I really hope not .... Arnold has lost so many ODI's for SL in the last year or two he played for them. He was pathetic in the WC in 2003 where I remember him not being able to get the ball off the square. I think he is a great 12th man though. I was very impressed by the way he used to the batsman's helmet's ! :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
EnglishRose said:
You are such a tosser Steds 8-)
That may be so, but some peoples every second posts are cynical swipes at other forum members giving proper reasons, so at the moment I'm just happy I don't fall into that category :happy: