• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Sri Lanka

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Two quick wickets - Dilshan and Samaraweera (if anyone deserves the nickname flat-track bully, it's him...). Sri Lanka now 94 for 6, their long tail really showing up now (Test debutant Wijekoon coming in at eight).

Still, expect WI to roll over for 81 to Muralitharan, and then bowl about 40 extras to concede the match...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
Two quick wickets - Dilshan and Samaraweera (if anyone deserves the nickname flat-track bully, it's him...). Sri Lanka now 94 for 6, their long tail really showing up now (Test debutant Wijekoon coming in at eight).

Still, expect WI to roll over for 81 to Muralitharan, and then bowl about 40 extras to concede the match...
I don't think so. This pitch is not a turner as can be seen from the game so far.
SL are rightly getting wallopped for being complacent and over confident !!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Poor old WI. They produce a storming display to secure a first innings lead then lose 3 for next to nothing to hand the initative back to SL.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very encouraging bowling display. Dare I say the bowlers looked potent overseas. This is both shocking and worthy of praise.

dinu23

International Debutant
dissapointed with the SL batting. Mahela is crap! It's time he's replaced. the batsmen again showed their weakness against genuine quick bowling.
Ramdin looks like a good player.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
dinu23 said:
dissapointed with the SL batting. Mahela is crap! It's time he's replaced. the batsmen again showed their weakness against genuine quick bowling.
Ramdin looks like a good player.
And who would you replace Mahela with Arnold, Mubrak or Shantha

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Arnold is crap and Shantha is nothing special, Mahela is by far a better option then both of them. If we are going to drop anyone it would be Dilshan.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Arnold is crap and Shantha is nothing special, Mahela is by far a better option then both of them. If we are going to drop anyone it would be Dilshan.
Who is this Shantha you speak of? Saman Jayantha?

dinu23

International Debutant
yeah ur right. I compared mahela and dilshan over last 20 matches. dilshan is much worse than mahela.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
impressive bowling performance by the windies this morning especially Lawson, he looked like the bowler who took 7/78 againts the aussies in that phenomenol antigua test.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hope not, wasn't that action reported?!

Well done to the Windies - as I mentioned before the game, we saw what happened last time they were so depleted - they competed well.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Hope not, wasn't that action reported?!

Well done to the Windies - as I mentioned before the game, we saw what happened last time they were so depleted - they competed well.
maybe its true that Lara, Gayle & Sarwan especially Lara do have some sort of a negative effect on the side. Strange if u ask me :huh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
maybe its true that Lara, Gayle & Sarwan especially Lara do have some sort of a negative effect on the side. Strange if u ask me :huh:
The team is more relaxed with the knowledge of Lara in the side. Also, all these players, with the exception of Chanderpaul, are fighting for a place in the side when the big names return. Thus, the performance reflects such determination.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Definitely glad to see this type of performance. Especially so for Lawson and Ramdin. I think Baugh's a better bet in the ODIs though. Lawson looked like his old self. There's room for improvement but glad to see him come on and Powell impressed me. I'll be looking to see if he continues for the entire serie sthough before getting too excited.