• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'advanced Hair...... Yeah Yeah!!!'

BARMY_LAD

Cricket Spectator
I know I shouldn't, but I couldnt resist:

"Bottle-blond legspinner wants his locks back

Bald patches turn Warne to hair treatment

Cricinfo staff

June 13, 2005

Shane Warne's regrowth has always been a style issue, but his baldness has forced him to join a campaign to get back his receding hairline. Warne, who is a perennial bottle-blond, has completed replacement treatment from Advanced Hair Studio in a bid to return his locks.

"It's great," Warne, the Hampshire captain, said. "My hair is growing back and my hair loss has stopped." While he hopes the program increases his thatch, the exercise also opens up a valuable box of sledges for England during the Test series starting on July 21.

Warne told an international video conference from London that he was taking tablets to prevent the hair loss and when asked if they were acceptable under the sport's drug rules he said: "Do I really need to answer that one? Of course I have. I have checked them all out."

AAP reported that he was also quizzed about ditching his mobile phone, whether he was getting paid more than for his failed quit-smoking campaign with Nicorette, and if having hair was more attractive to women. "You can speculate all you like about that stuff," Warne said. "The most important thing to me is to re-grow my own hair."

Warne, 35, said being blond was his trademark and he "wanted to feel young again". He also said he would check out Ricky Ponting's pate to see if his was thinning. "I'll have to study him very closely in the change room," he said. "I might have to pull him aside and have a quiet little word."

Turning on bald patches isn't foreign for cricketers. The offspinner Greg Matthews led a high-profile "yeah, yeah" promotion and Graham Gooch and Martin Crowe have also endorsed the product. Warne had his first Advance Studio session late in the Australian summer and will use laser therapy and a special thickening shampoo to help his recovery.

© Cricinfo"

http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/211056.html [/B]

No doubt he's going to cop it all series.. not only for the Convict advert, nor the fact that he's done away with his mobile phone and opted to correspond via email but now it's hair transplant surgery! Do I detect a midlife crisis coming on? YEAH YEAH!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's lucky he is getting it for free. It costs something like $4000 to get the whole process done. Then about $1000 a year.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BARMY_LAD said:
Graham Gooch and Martin Crowe have also endorsed the product.
Oh yes, Martin...one of the worst ads ever. "The real me!!" "when I first...saw my lady again"

shaka

International Regular
He was on Paul Holmes show, the ad has arrived in NZ now, but it is a crap advert

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta say that it'd never struck me that Warney was losing the old Barnet unduly. Brett Lee & Punter losing theirs more noticeably. If Shane was really serious about keeping his crowning glory why doesn't he just ditch the Domestos?!

& isn't an Australian cricketer advertising hair-care products a bit like Michael Jackson advertising Mothercare?! :p

C_C

International Captain
& isn't an Australian cricketer advertising hair-care products a bit like Michael Jackson advertising Mothercare?!
:wacko: :blink:

explain, sil vous plait, as it flew totally over my head.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
C_C said:
:wacko: :blink:

explain, sil vous plait, as it flew totally over my head.
As in not something you'd want associated with that product. There's some particularly choice "dos" in the Aussie squad just now: Dizzy, McGrath, Clarke, Lee, Warne.....