Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 88 of 88

Thread: England v. Australia Twenty20 Predictions

  1. #76
    International Debutant dinu23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Colombo,Sri Lanka
    Posts
    2,199
    are u kidding! this is SL mate! the only time we'll be seeing the ashes is on news!

  2. #77
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    what a waste of time that was staying up until 5am to watch

  3. #78
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    27,059
    I can`t believe it.

    Even WORSE than this is that I didn`t know it was on Channel Seven!

    Why didn`t someone tell me? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!
    Jesus saves

    proudly supporting Liverpool FC

  4. #79
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    I can`t believe it.

    Even WORSE than this is that I didn`t know it was on Channel Seven!

    Why didn`t someone tell me? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!
    well now u know for the one day series if its any consilation...


  5. #80
    International Debutant dinu23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Colombo,Sri Lanka
    Posts
    2,199
    cheers for England! I never thought it would happen!
    anyone want to bet that the match was fixed? :-)
    Code:
    CW CRICKET - May 2009
    FC
    M      I     NO    Runs      Avg      Ct      50s      100s      HS
    83    157   8      4237    28.44      79      22         4       169*
    
    O     W    Avg   SR
    45    18   18.7  27
    
    List - A
    M      I      Runs      Avg      Ct    50s    100s      HS
    179   174    5828      37.84     67    48     3        121
    
    OD
    M      I      Runs      Avg    Ct      50s      100s      HS    SR
    27    24     716      35.80    15      6         0       71*   74.58

  6. #81
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,856
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    what a waste of time that was staying up until 5am to watch
    seconded. im dead tired this morning and it was all for no reason
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  7. #82
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,574
    I never would have expected that. England really blew you guys away. Wow!!
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

  8. #83
    U19 12th Man AndrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    That is why Ponting is regarded as the leading Captain in world cricket. Thats why he was selected to lead the ICC world XI. Lara and Fleming who are the next best captains in the world were very happy to have Ponting lead them in the ICC world XI because he was the best.
    You're kidding me mate. The analogy of Marc's that a monkey could lead them is slightly amiss. He is a better captain than i thought he would be. He does lead by example more often than not with the bat. However a true test of a captain is getting the best out of your resources/ players. Handing Warne the ball after McGrath gets hit for a few is a hard decision i must admit.

    Brian Lara is a prime example of a great player that is not suited to captaincy. Quite often the best players in a team are picked to lead by example, in expectance the rest will come naturally.

    Stephen Fleming, as you claim is one of the "next best captains", is the leading captain in world cricket today and has been the clear standout since Steve Waugh. Why? He gets the best from his resources, however limited or rich they can be. He has led by example in the recent past (2003 World Cup v South Africa for example). But the key factor is that he has grown into the role from a young age to have the accumulated a wealth of captaincy experience that Ponting can only wish for. Ponting simply jumped on the horse that was leading the race, while Fleming has moved his horse from the back to near the front.

    Anyone care to argue this point?

    Now about the Twenty20 game..
    Last edited by AndrewM; 14-06-2005 at 02:00 AM.
    "Harmison runs in now....a comical pile of sawdust behind him.."

    -Henry Blofield, overheard, 4th Ashes test

  9. #84
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    27,059
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    well now u know for the one day series if its any consilation...
    I already knew that dammit. GAH! Thanks anywhoo.

  10. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM
    You're kidding me mate. The analogy of Marc's that a monkey could lead them is slightly amiss. He is a better captain than i thought he would be. He does lead by example more often than not with the bat. However a true test of a captain is getting the best out of your resources/ players. Handing Warne the ball after McGrath gets hit for a few is a hard decision i must admit.

    Brian Lara is a prime example of a great player that is not suited to captaincy. Quite often the best players in a team are picked to lead by example, in expectance the rest will come naturally.

    Stephen Fleming, as you claim is one of the "next best captains", is the leading captain in world cricket today and has been the clear standout since Steve Waugh. Why? He gets the best from his resources, however limited or rich they can be. He has led by example in the recent past (2003 World Cup v South Africa for example). But the key factor is that he has grown into the role from a young age to have the accumulated a wealth of captaincy experience that Ponting can only wish for. Ponting simply jumped on the horse that was leading the race, while Fleming has moved his horse from the back to near the front.

    Anyone care to argue this point?

    Now about the Twenty20 game..
    So how do you explain when both Fleming and Ponting were selected for the world ICC XI v Asian XI Ponting was given the captaincy. You dont make Ponting captain if you think Fleming is a better captain.

    Furthermore Ponting has played under Waugh and Taylor who both have passed on their vast experience to Ponting. Ponting was earmarked for Australian captaincy at a very early age and has matured into the role with amazing efficiency and you can tell how well he handles the team by the response he gets from his charges.

    You say "Ponting simply jumped on the horse that was leading the race". It is a well known fact the the Aus ODI team has improved in the time Ponting has been captain and you cant deny that it is harder to improve a top team than a mid range team.

    You also state that "However a true test of a captain is getting the best out of your resources/ players." Ponting has consistantly achieved this and as you say the last world cup left nobody in doubt that Ponting has the ability to do this.

  11. #86
    U19 12th Man AndrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    235
    How about i start a captaincy thread then? Its no use arguing it in the Australian/England Twenty20 thread, no one will know about it, we can get a variety of people's comments. If you quote your original comments about Ponting and i will do the same in the new thread. Agreed?

  12. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Agreed

  13. #88
    U19 12th Man AndrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    235
    Done mate

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Test Ratings
    By Cybersmurf in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 16-06-2005, 10:59 AM
  2. WI of the 80's or Australia Current?
    By age_master in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 06:02 PM
  3. **Official** South Africa in India Thread
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 453
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 07:26 AM
  4. *Official** New Zealand in England
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3264
    Last Post: 17-06-2004, 01:48 AM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14-03-2003, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •