• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

mcc vs world eleven

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
MCC squad (probable)
Stephen Fleming (capt), Chris Gayle, Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Jacques Kallis, Andy Flower, Kumar Sangakkara, Shaun Pollock, Anil Kumble, Muttiah Muralitharan, Shoaib Akhtar.

International XI squad
Virender Sehwag, Sanath Jayasuriya, Graeme Smith, Brian Lara (capt), Rahul Dravid, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Chris Cairns, Shane Warne, Chaminda Vaas, Mohammad Sami, Makhaya Ntini.

dinu23

International Debutant
yeah, should be a good game. but damn it's not going to be shown on TV.
Cricinfo ur my hero!

dinu23

International Debutant
oh, the TV channels we have here are crap. there used be star sports, but not anymore :-(
the only option for a sports fan is to get Cable TV to get full sports coverage, but it's expensive.

dinu23

International Debutant
International IX won the toss and put mcc in to bat.
mcc: 40/1
Flemming batting beautifully.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yep. Listening to it on BBC radio and watching on cricinfo. No TV coverage here at all.

Vaas bowling very nicely.

Chubb

International Regular
What do you think of the commentators Faaip? They tend to vary from county to county, this London lot are alright but my favourites are the Derby commentators, especially if Chris Bassano helps them out. Unfortunately the BBC comms tend to make a lot of mistakes "Greg" Flower for example.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Chubb said:
What do you think of the commentators Faaip? They tend to vary from county to county, this London lot are alright but my favourites are the Derby commentators, especially if Chris Bassano helps them out. Unfortunately the BBC comms tend to make a lot of mistakes "Greg" Flower for example.
They're nothing special I don't think, but they aren't awful like Dean Jones or Jeff Thomson either. Certainly not painful to listen to.

Anyone else finding the cricinfo score lagging WAY behind?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
My school band are playing during the innings break - they get to watch the MCC innings for free........I tried to weasel my way into the trip but they were having none of it. :p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MCC end up with a big score, 327/7. Can the International XI chase that? We'll have to see. They do have Sehwag, Jayasuriya and Cairns!