• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well umm... predictions?

I think Australia will go undefeated through the NWS, and lose one Challenge match to stop them from matching the Invincibles with an undefeated tour.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe Flintoff may prove Teddybear right- that Gilchrist is not fit to stand in his shadow!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I would say Mortaza would rip it up, but he has to be bloody tired by now.

SO...

...Mortaza to rip it up! :cool:

deeps

International 12th Man
australia to win the series, after struggling in the early stages against england.

however i am going to tip an upset and say bangladesh will win one match.

King_Ponting

International Regular
bangladesh to defeat england in one match and england to defeat australia in one match, apart from that australia will win every other game and the series

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lee against the Bangladesh top order sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, as well.

I'm not sure it's likely for Australia or an individual Australian to make a mammoth score against Bangladesh, simply because I don't know how often they will bat first. Bangladesh will most likely bat if they win the toss, and Australia will bowl in the hope of ending the match quickly.

Last edited:

King_Ponting

International Regular
no australia wont bowl first if they win the toss
there was an article in the australian saying that pontings plan was to bat first to get match practice and middle experience for the middle order players such as clarke and symonds rather than bowl first and finish the match off quicker. So if they do get in a situation where they are 3 for 40 the middle order still has the exerince and game time to be able to get Australia out of that hole

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
are both these games today 50 over affairs?

Lewis and Solanki are playing for Hampshire :p

Both England and Aussies will bat first

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
are both these games today 50 over affairs?

Lewis and Solanki are playing for Hampshire :p

Both England and Aussies will bat first
Hampshire v England is a 20/20 match. I think Leistershire and Australia is 50 overs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
i don't think it is - the scheduled hours of play are 10-45 - 6.30 according to cricinfo. Anyway Jones is out already