• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
i don't think it is - the scheduled hours of play are 10-45 - 6.30 according to cricinfo. Anyway Jones is out already
Ahh well, I read somewhere that it was. Might have been an error.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
ooh 9-2, tresco gone
Hampshire have a pretty decent-looking bowling lineup, could be a close match.

Quite a few overseas players for Leicestershire: Ottis Gibson, Charl Willoughby, Claude Henderson, Hylton Ackerman, Dinesh Mongia. Should be interesting as well. :)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Hampshire have a pretty decent-looking bowling lineup, could be a close match.

Quite a few overseas players for Leicestershire: Ottis Gibson, Charl Willoughby, Claude Henderson, Hylton Ackerman, Dinesh Mongia. Should be interesting as well. :)
Hopefully the Aussies will have a crack at Dinesh Mongia's little left-arm spin and hit one six every over.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
GRRRR when will England stop p*ssing about and put Geraint back down to number 7.
More importantly, when will they realise that Geraint Jones shouldn't be in the side as a wicketkeeper or opener?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Gilchrist out for 17 to the legendary Ottis Gibson. Hayden moving along nicely, 30* off 31.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't remember if they said this is the same pitch as they're going to bat on in the Twenty20, but it sounds like a pretty stupid selection by someone to give that game to the Rose Bowl - movement is fine, but two paced and indifferent bounce are not because it ruins the game.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
deeps said:
australia to win the series, after struggling in the early stages against england.

however i am going to tip an upset and say bangladesh will win one match.
They've just been stuffed by the poorest of the county sides... any justification?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
i don't think it is - the scheduled hours of play are 10-45 - 6.30 according to cricinfo. Anyway Jones is out already
Why is he opening?!

It's just wrong.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
i think 180 might be a decent score on this pitch - Hampshire's batting isn't as strong as their bowling and the pitch is slow low and not easy by any stretch