• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matty Hayden is brilliant on seaming wickets !!

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Matthew hayden is the world's best batsman on seaming pitches.

His reflexes, poise, and strength make him ideally suited to faciing the most challenging batting conditions anywhere in the world.

Yes he didn't have a great time in the 2001 Ashes, but I think he is in for a run feast in this summers' ashes.

Green top bullies of England (messrs Hoggard, Jones and Homesick Harmison ) Beware !!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And of course you have some Test-match runs to back-up these assumptions based on his perceived strengths in his game, don't you?
And if you think Harmison a green-top bully, in Tests, you really don't know what you're talking about.

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard said:
And of course you have some Test-match runs to back-up these assumptions based on his perceived strengths in his game, don't you?
And if you think Harmison a green-top bully, in Tests, you really don't know what you're talking about.
If a batsman can be considered a flat track bully then why can't a bowler be considered a green top bully ? 8-)

People who I think are greentop bullies include Shabbir Ahmed, Hoggard, Tuffey and Homesick Harmison.

Jones looks decent so I shouldn't have include him in my earlier list.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
EnglishRose said:
If a batsman can be considered a flat track bully then why can't a bowler be considered a green top bully ? 8-)

People who I think are greentop bullies include Shabbir Ahmed, Hoggard, Tuffey and Homesick Harmison.

Jones looks decent so I shouldn't have include him in my earlier list.
Err, I said bowlers can't be considered green-top bullies where? 8-)
I said that Harmison has a history of bowling extremely poorly on green-tops so he's not one.
If you could try reading something properly it might help.
As for Shabbir... I suggest you try watching his bowling before making those sorts of utterly ludicrous accusations.

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard said:
Err, I said bowlers can't be considered green-top bullies where? 8-)
I said that Harmison has a history of bowling extremely poorly on green-tops so he's not one.
If you could try reading something properly it might help.
As for Shabbir... I suggest you try watching his bowling before making those sorts of utterly ludicrous accusations.
Whenever Harmison has bowled well, its been on a greentop. Ditto Shabbir. And I've watched a lot of their games.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
EnglishRose said:
matthew Hayden is a better player than he is given credit for on this forum.
I agree. Theres been too much bad mouthing of Matty on this forum, which is a very sad thing. I do sincerely hope this ashes tour is going to be his time to shine once again.

And as for him being the best player of seaming wickets...well, I dont know, but I sure wouldn't mind him finishing the series with that tag.

Go get em' Matty!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let's just wait until after the Ashes series when Hayden has come out the other end with a series average in the high 70s and the World Record Score of 450 on the greenest pitch ever seen in the history of cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
EnglishRose said:
Whenever Harmison has bowled well, its been on a greentop. Ditto Shabbir. And I've watched a lot of their games.
Rubbish, the times Harmison has been effective against Test-class sides have been his debut (extremely flat pitch), the end of The Ashes 2002\03 (flat pitches bar one, which was uneven not seaming, and ironically out of the 3 that was his worst), the second-innings at The Oval 2003 (extremely flat pitch), West Indies away and New Zealand home 2004 (pitches which varied from flat to uneven to seaming to uneven and seaming), and The Oval 2004 (extremely flat pitch).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Let's just wait until after the Ashes series when Hayden has come out the other end with a series average in the high 70s and the World Record Score of 450 on the greenest pitch ever seen in the history of cricket.
No-one will ever break the Test-record score on a pitch that offers something to the bowlers.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
And Kyle was being SO serious. :wacko:
Lol.

Tell you what Nath, I haven't been in CC for a while, but geez, sometimes you could cut the tension with a knife...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
KennyD said:
Tell you what Nath, I haven't been in CC for a while, but geez, sometimes you could cut the tension with a knife...
Yeah, but when it gets to that stage I usually end up going :horse:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
KennyD said:
Lol.

Well, you've been missed. :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Richard said:
I said he was where... precisely?
You seemed to be taking his claim seriously. If not, I apologise to your multi-coloured blocks profusely.