• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Merv Hughes As Australian Selector....... Your Having A Laugh!!!

BARMY_LAD

Cricket Spectator
Must say I am amused with the inclusion of Merv Hughes as Australian selector (to replace 'Captain Grumpy' Allan Border)..
Feel sorry for all those cricketers who are going to be subjected to Merv's taunts.
And theres me thinking that Australia were a professional unit.........HAHAHA!

"When Merv leaves school, he is going to have to be very good at football and cricket." - Merv Hughes' fifth form geography report
http://www.expat.ru/forum/archive/index.php/t-23543.html

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who would have ever thought that Boon & Hughes would be on Australia's selection panel. Wonder how many beers will be consumed when teams are selected in the future?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm sure that Mervyn will serve Australian cricket very well, and I hope that his reputation doesn't cloud the judgements of others when the selection committee has to make hard decisions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Merv Hughes an Australian selector... now I've heard it all.
Agree thoroughly with v_o, though.