• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
THIS IS A REPEAT
of a post I made in the Introduce Yourself thread in OT.
I am taking the liberty of repeating it here
so as not to deprive my friends on CC who do not step into OT
and may be deprived of this reason to pop a bottle of the bubbly :)

Hi Everybody

My name is SJS-rare

I am a reincarnation of a character called SJS(superwehla) who used to frequent these 'corridors' in the not so distant past.

In my new incarnation (avataar is the correct hindi word for incarnation for the uninitiated), I have been appointed Area Director for Asian Region in addition to my earlier duties as Managing Director of the Indian company (which I had founded myself).

I am afraid, in my new avataar I will be extremely, extremely busy for, the next three years at a minimum. which will make it impossible to continue to spend so much time in this great place, the CW. This is my only regret about the new development in my life which has me in a heighterned state of excitement at present for it is a HUGE challenge. I am thrilled and all plans of an early retirement and retiring to the mountains have been shelved.

The details of my new assignement and all that it entails are too much for this forum and inappropriate AND CONFIDENTIAL. But the only negative outcome is that I wont be here much, if at all in the days, weeks, months ahead.

Before a smart alec jumps on me with his wit on this comment, let me clarify that the negative and sad qualification for my becoming rare on these lovely precincts is nagative and sad from my point of view alone.

I fully appreciate that this must be a cause for celeberation in the streets and a happy occasion that at last you get rid of an opinionated, irritable, long-winded, pompous old so-and-so !!

I will miss you guys.

:confused: :confused:

- sjs (on short vacation in London)

* corks start popping in the background*

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Will miss you SJS superwhela or SJS rare!!

Try to visit as much , if not other threads at leats the Trivia threads !!

Beause without you they will miss a very knowledgeable source and guiding light !! :) :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Will miss you SJS superwhela or SJS rare, try to visit as much , if not other threads at leats the Trivia threads !! Beause without you they will miss a very knowledgeable source and guiding light !! :) :)
Thanks for the kind words Jason and please forgive my ill tempered occasional outbursts.

Sudeep

International Captain
SJS, this place will be gloomy without you. Try to visit us as much as possible, because you'll be missed sorely. All the best with your endeavours, though.

What happens to the SJS Stats Factory? :-O

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
SJS, this place will be gloomy without you. Try to visit us as much as possible, because you'll be missed sorely. All the best with your endeavours, though.

What happens to the SJS Stats Factory? :-O
There are some good guys to take over that job, honestly. I think the problem is that passion in the modern world is fleeting !!

My worry about occasional visits is that it will not remain occasional. This place is addictive. I wont be able to afford the great pleasure that the company of you guys offers :wacko:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Isolator said:
What happened to that coaching idea of yours?
Since my retirement plans get pushed away so does the cricket academy.

It changes a helluva lot of things in my life.

I had already made the initial downpayment for the acquisition of property in Gurgaon (a suburb of Delhi) where I wanted to settle down from around March 2007 onwards. All that is put on indefinite hold and I have to see how to retrieve the moneies invested.

But the challenge offered to me in Asia is so HIUGE, the professional in me just couldnt refuse. It is the most important and crucial job in our global organisationover the next half a decade at least !

Craig

World Traveller
Arrivecedi, Tot Ziens (thay all mean more or less goodbye), SJS I will miss seeing you around here.

Try and post when you can. Goodluck with your career mate.

masterblaster

International Captain
Goodluck with everything SJS, its been fantastic having you here and it's been a pleasure reading some of your posts throughout the time you've been here.

All the best with your career and I do hope that you do return sometime down the line.

Thanks,

Sangrah

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Arrivecedi, Tot Ziens (thay all mean more or less goodbye), SJS I will miss seeing you around here.

Try and post when you can. Goodluck with your career mate.
Thanks a ton Craig. I will really miss all you guys too.
I will try and visit whenever I can but will avoid posting and getting into debates because it is that which kind of sucks you in if you know what I mean.

:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Goodluck with everything SJS, its been fantastic having you here and it's been a pleasure reading some of your posts throughout the time you've been here.

All the best with your career and I do hope that you do return sometime down the line.

Thanks,

Sangrah
Thanks Sangrah.

Its been a great year or so and it has been wonderful being among such a warm group of people who never EVER made me feel I was amongst youngsters, many of them half the age of my sons !! :-O

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Good luck, Swaranjeet (not that you'll need it if your professional acumen is on a par with your cricketing knowledge).

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Good luck SJS, sorry to hear you won't be around much.
Who will offer coaching advice to us all? :)
Best of luck.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
All the very best in your new venture, SJS. It sounds very challenging, but I've no doubts a man such as yourself will thrive on it. :)

Our loss is the Asian regions gain! A sad day for CW tho.

Hope your occasional visits aren't too occasional.... :D

archie mac

International Coach
SJS you must discipline yourself to spend 30 mins a day on this forum PLEASE PLEASE

Otherwise Jason is going to completly take over the trivia threads. :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
SJS, I will try my best to keep part of your legacy continuing through the SJS Stats Factory. It would be an honour to do so. I'd just like to wish you all the best in the future, and hope that your business ventures work out well, and hopefully you get to establish that academy somewhere down the line. Good luck.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Damn , now i know ahy there aren't any new puzzling pictures in the 'Who Is The Legend thread'

Thanks for your advice in the past SJS and all the best for the future

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
LongHopCassidy said:
Good luck, Swaranjeet (not that you'll need it if your professional acumen is on a par with your cricketing knowledge).
Thanks mate.

I am going to give it my best shot. One cant do more than that :)