• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A prediction !!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry K_P, but remind us of Lee's record since his career-changing injury?

I believe it is an average around 38 - that's not in the least bit threatening.

King_Ponting

International Regular
lee hasnt had the oppurtunity in test cricket since his injury to prove his worth. Im sure if he was given a go england would be s$itting themselves as they will be in the one day internationals they will fae him in. His one day form has been outstanding and he does indeed pose a threat. In one dayers Strauss will become lees bunny thats my prediction

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lee's had 30 games since his injury - and that was out of 34 games until he was discarded.

How many opportunities does he need then?

ODIs have nothing to do with Tests because all through that time he was churning out the good figures in ODIs but being useless in Tests.

King_Ponting

International Regular
i just believe that in the scheme of things lee is in the form of his career and needs the oppurtunity to prove that. Im sure enlgland would much rather face kaspa than a fiered up lee.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can assure you I'd much rather see Lee in the team than Kasprowicz.

I still want to know how 30 games out of a possible 34 isn't a fair go?

King_Ponting

International Regular
it was a fair go but he was out of sorts at that time. at the moment he's in good form and should be given a run.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:

Almost had a heartattack, then remembered your coming from an English point of view and now I understand. Phew...

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
tooextracool said:
and im sure the lights off bracken with his test average in the 50s, alone with williams, lee, tait and the rest of the rubbish will have england quaking in their boots.
Who said anything about Williams and Bracken, tooextrafool ?

8-) 8-)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:

their you go again underating Lee :sleep:

tooextracool

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
Tait and lee rubbish????? That comment on its own is laughable, how can u suggest that a bowler who took 60 wickets in first class cricket in Aus last year at 19.12 is not seen as a threat....... .
2004 season W avg
AD Mascarenhas 56 18.67
M Davies 50 18.76

neither of these 2 are even in the england squad.
and considering tait's record in england, i dont see why theres any reason for england to be afraid of him.

King_Ponting said:
Jeez if england thought the same way as you do the test series and the ashes would be wrapped up in 6 days. And just for you TEC that means an aussie win in under 2 days in the first 3 tests.
oh because that means that australia has brilliant back ups then doesnt it?

tooextracool

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
i just believe that in the scheme of things lee is in the form of his career and needs the oppurtunity to prove that. Im sure enlgland would much rather face kaspa than a fiered up lee.

that wouldnt have anything to do with his test match average of 46.91 against england wouldnt it?
not to forget, kaspa's average of 26 against them.

tooextracool

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
it was a fair go but he was out of sorts at that time. at the moment he's in good form and should be given a run.
strange that he was out of sorts in tests, and yet performing in ODIs at the same time then. guess some people just magically regain form in ODIs and lose it during the test series.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
that wouldnt have anything to do with his test match average of 46.91 against england wouldnt it?
not to forget, kaspa's average of 26 against them.
we all know that Lee had a poor test series in england last time around, but you must admit Lee has been in superb form in ODI cricket this year and if he can transcribe any of that form into the ahses series if he gets a chance he could cause us real trouble TEC.

Has i have said on previous post i feel Lee is peaking and the way he has bowled this year in ODI cricket, which is with a lot more control is conductive to being successful in test cricket

tooextracool

International Coach
aussie said:
we all know that Lee had a poor test series in england last time around, but you must admit Lee has been in superb form in ODI cricket this year and if he can transcribe any of that form into the ahses series if he gets a chance he could cause us real trouble TEC.

Has i have said on previous post i feel Lee is peaking and the way he has bowled this year in ODI cricket, which is with a lot more control is conductive to being successful in test cricket
the thing is that hes already had his so called 'peaks' in ODIs, while at the same time being mediocre in tests. i wont argue that he should be next in line for a test match spot after the big 4, but to put him down as a brilliant back up when hes been rubbish at the test match level in the past, is totally ridiculous.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
the thing is that hes already had his so called 'peaks' in ODIs, while at the same time being mediocre in tests. i wont argue that he should be next in line for a test match spot after the big 4, but to put him down as a brilliant back up when hes been rubbish at the test match level in the past, is totally ridiculous.
absolutely Lee can never be termed has a brilliant back up to the main 4 aussie bowlers, he is definately the next in line

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
He's been bowling like that all the time in ODIs though, and never been able to turn it into Test performance, so why should that change now?