• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am so ready for this superstar weekend!

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain

Astrodome Houston 16, 18 & 19th June 2005

pak ind combined includes:
sehwag
kumble
harbahajan
dhoni
balaji
yuvraj
inzimam
afridi
youhana
sami
younis khan

the world 11 includes:
ricardo powell West Indies
dwane bravo West Indies
wavell hinds West Indies
chris harris New Zealand
harmish marshall New Zealand
lance klusener South Africa
andre nel South Africa
andy bichel Australia
de villeiers South Africa
JOHN DAVISON Canada my fav!
Steve Messiah USA
Mahela Jawaderne srilanka
Kumar Sangakarra srilanka

I will be posting pictures of the event as well. stay tuned.

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
well they are houstonians. they will die by our hands if nothing happens. theyve done it before though, so it shoudnt be a big problem.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aliG said:
well they are houstonians. they will die by our hands if nothing happens. theyve done it before though, so it shoudnt be a big problem.
Fair enough...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Didn't I hear somewhere that this was a load of hype and none of the Indians knew anything about it?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
er isnt sri lanka part of asia ? if so then why is sangakarra playing for the world eleven along with jayawardene

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wonder what Middlesex and Surrey will have to say about Pathan and Harbhajan upping sticks just after getting there?

Not to mention Streak from Warwickshire.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
And Harris was on TV earlier this week - he's a long way off any match fitness. Can only just bowl off more than one step.

Although he has taught himself to throw accurately with his left arm...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
And Harris was on TV earlier this week - he's a long way off any match fitness. Can only just bowl off more than one step.
He never bowled off that many, anyway...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
we've seen about the same here in holland. they promised us all this big players..andy flower, matty hayden, shane warne, etc etc but in the end we got a weird world XI squad..though seeing Afridi play and kemp was cool :D and see afridi play with de leede was soo cool!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
how can you have a world xi without any (currently playing) aussies....

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some awesome names in those line-ups. I'm jealous! Then again, this is one-in-a-blue-moon for you so I hope you have a good time, really. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Assuming, of course that it does actually go ahead (likely), and all those names do travel (very unlikely)

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Has there been anything in the local papers?? Will it be held in a baseball stadium and what will be the capacity of the ground??
I don't really think that the ICC or whomsoever is organising this expects to make much of a profit from a match played in Houston? Approximately how many Indians/Pakistanis live in Houston? (I really don't think we will see many people of other nationalities coming for the game)..

In any case, I just hope it goes ahead and that it is a great success!