• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am so ready for this superstar weekend!

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
chekmeout said:
Has there been anything in the local papers??
very minimal. to be honest.

chekmeout said:
Will it be held in a baseball stadium and what will be the capacity of the ground??
its a changeable stadium. Can be changed for a baseball, to ice hockey, to field hockey, to cricket etc etc. Its indoors and air conditioned. They have matches here all the time.

chekmeout said:
I don't really think that the ICC or whomsoever is organising this expects to make much of a profit from a match played in Houston?
No its not being given official status.

chekmeout said:
Approximately how many Indians/Pakistanis live in Houston? (I really don't think we will see many people of other nationalities coming for the game)..
normally since houston is on the southern coast, we have a huge carribean population. so most of the people showing up are going to be south asian AND carribean folk. The europeans aren't as many but always show up in ok numbers.

chekmeout said:
In any case, I just hope it goes ahead and that it is a great success!
it did last time. its was one of those double wicket ones.

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
Didn't I hear somewhere that this was a load of hype and none of the Indians knew anything about it?
largely because indians arent really you know...orginizing it and all.

west indians and pakistanis are....

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
not sure to be honest. there is so much cricket in houston...it possible its just something private, and isn't related to the icc or usaca.

here are some more news links

Last edited:

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
sigh. the thing got cancelled because the refugees from new orleans, louisiana are being housed in the astrodome since late august.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
aliG said:
sigh. the thing got cancelled because the refugees from new orleans, louisiana are being housed in the astrodome since late august.
What a shame, a meaningless cricket match was cancelled because an entire city was destroyed, causing thousands of innocent deaths. How inconvenient. :huh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aliG said:
Even though the thing was scheduled for June?

Did they have to have 2 months to prepare for the refugees or something?!