• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gautam Gambhir

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well he's certainly a much better choice than Chopra or Yuvraj or anyone else.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
certainly seems like indias best opening option after sehwag himself, i rate the lad as having a decent amount of talent and skill, good luck to him, the early signs have been promising.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not sure, personally, by the sounds of things he's certainly got potential, far more than Chopra, but so far he's played 1 really effective innings in 11 Test-match outings.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It is, but Shiv Sundar Das had achieved more in his career at the stage Gambhir is currently at.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
so many argue that harmison has achieved more in his career at the stage it was last year than mcgrath had at that point it his career, dont really agree with that myself but nm.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I agree that Harmison has achieved more than McGrath had at a respective stage of his career...
I don't agree that this automatically means he's going to emulate McGrath.

C_C

International Captain
Gambhir is okay. Unless he improves massively, i don't expect him to last more than 2 years and then make way for Sikhar Dhawan, who is hugely talented and has an excellent technique.
His primary nemesis is shot-selection.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the problem with the people in charge of the Indian side. They're always waiting to kick the fringe players out.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Richard said:
I agree that Harmison has achieved more than McGrath had at a respective stage of his career...
I don't agree that this automatically means he's going to emulate McGrath.
practice makes perfect, stranger things have happened then that becoming a reality.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hats off To Gambhir.

Not sure, personally, by the sounds of things he's certainly got potential, far more than Chopra, but so far he's played 1 really effective innings in 11 Test-match outings.
Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy arsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse. How?