• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'No Negativity' / 'Good karma' thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
and even now his figures have flattered him, even though hes bowled better than he usually does.
That's as maybe, but you can't deny that he's now in much better shape than he's ever been before, and certainly bowled better this game than Harmison has for nearly 2 years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yep.
Sadly, that doesn't often happen. :)
Anyway - this thread has long since deviated from it's title-topic, like... oh... virtually every other thread that runs to it's 2nd page.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Positivity, eh?

I like cricket and I can not lie
You cricket fans can't deny
That when a man walks in with a Kookaburra bat
And a nice big floppy hat
You get sprung, wanna pull out your ball
'Cause you want a wicket to fall
Maybe hit the pads he’s wearing
Or hooked and we can't stop appealing
Oh baby, I wanna dismiss ya
And take your wicket quicker
My teammates tried to warn me
But with your defence, I ain’t no Warney
Ooh, straight-playin batsman
You say you wanna get in for long?
Well, hit me, pull me
'Cause you ain't that average bunny
I've seen them dancin'
Driving and glancing,'
The pitch, is wet,
I got it moving like a fighter jet
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' big scores are the thing
Take the average bowling man and ask him that
The bowlers gotta get some back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your nemesis had a bat? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to edge it! (Edge it!) Miss it! (Miss it!)
Wield that dodgy bat!
Wanna see their back!

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
That's as maybe, but you can't deny that he's now in much better shape than he's ever been before, and certainly bowled better this game than Harmison has for nearly 2 years.
there is no denying that for the first time in his international career he actually looks test class. However hes still got a lot more to show and one must wonder how you actually rate him despite the fact that hes been averaging 30 with the ball in FC cricket in the last season.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Voltman said:
Positivity, eh?

Well, hit me, pull me
I've seen them dancin'
Driving and glancing,'
The pitch, is wet,
I'm tired of magazines
Wield that dodgy bat!
Wanna see their back!
You just happened to have that off the top of your head hey? :laugh:

very clever (but of course I'm a sucker for Sir Mix-a-lot anyway :)

open365

International Vice-Captain
It's great to see Udal get Tendulkar out.

And it's great to see England draw the series.

It's also great to see the start of the English season on the horizon.

Matt79

Global Moderator
little late in the week but, its great to see a guy like Stuart Clark debut so well. He's certainly served his dues waiting, and if it was a dream pitch, well sometimes nice things happen to (someone who on the face of it seems to be a) nice person

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
- I think Srinath was the most cereberal of all bowlers and is now the least irritating commentator of all time.

- I think Siddhu has the most understated and subtle sense of humour and I can actually stand him.

- I think the Indian team's catching in the current Mumbai test match was exceptional ...in a positive way.

- I think Ganguly and Chappell are amongst the most qualified for a diplomatic assignement.

- I think Inzemam would make a great sprinter.

- I think Warne's off field behaviour is a HUGE factor in making him every mother's prefered role model for her son.

- I think Sivaramakrishnan's 'slight' lack of millimeters enhances his personality when he stands next to Holding for example and his Savoy Row tailored suits enhance it further.

- I have no one in my "ignore list" on CW
Why is it that 'being positive' is so delivered in a similar form to someone doing a psych self-affirmation test?

:D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
Positivity, eh?

Well, hit me, pull me
I've seen them dancin'
Driving and glancing,'
The pitch, is wet,
I'm tired of magazines
Wield that dodgy bat!
Wanna see their back!
:laugh:

Neil Finn & Sir Mix-a-Lot! Talk about running the gamut! :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
there is no denying that for the first time in his international career he actually looks test class. However hes still got a lot more to show and one must wonder how you actually rate him despite the fact that hes been averaging 30 with the ball in FC cricket in the last season.
Where did I say he doesn't have a lot more to do?
I'd still pick him for the next Test ahead of Harmison, especially if (as he undoubtedly will do bowling like he bowled at Mumbai) he starts next season by taking a stack of wickets bowling with good accuracy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I love England and being English, home of the greatest cricketer, footballer, band and me 8-)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha as soon as I posted it I knew someone would mention Ronaldinho, but it doesn't change the fact that Chris Greenacre is English

As for the best band...I'm not gonna say :ph34r:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Playing Tranmere was always interesting, we'd get hammered 5-0 away but usually hammer them at the Baseball Ground in return.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pedro Delgado said:
Playing Tranmere was always interesting, we'd get hammered 5-0 away but usually hammer them at the Baseball Ground in return.
Ah and there was me expecting everyone to say Chris who?

In 94-95 we'd given you a good pasting at PP, as usual, and with 5 games to go went to the baseball ground needing 9 points out of 15 to win the league and get into the Premiership. We got tonked, 5-0, lost the next 2 games, drew the two afetr that, scraped into the play-offs, got tonekd by Reading and never looked forwards again. We've been in freefall ever since, and it's all your fault

Though the season after we did tonk you 5-1 at PP, you then went about 27 games unbeaten, we went about the same without a win, then came to Derby, got beat 6-2 and our manager got the sack. Even thoguh we had beat you on away goals!!

As for my favourite band, well it's definitely not Atomic Kitten, maybe it's someone else

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Ah and there was me expecting everyone to say Chris who?

In 94-95 we'd given you a good pasting at PP, as usual, and with 5 games to go went to the baseball ground needing 9 points out of 15 to win the league and get into the Premiership. We got tonked, 5-0, lost the next 2 games, drew the two afetr that, scraped into the play-offs, got tonekd by Reading and never looked forwards again. We've been in freefall ever since, and it's all your fault

Though the season after we did tonk you 5-1 at PP, you then went about 27 games unbeaten, we went about the same without a win, then came to Derby, got beat 6-2 and our manager got the sack. Even thoguh we had beat you on away goals!!

As for my favourite band, well it's definitely not Atomic Kitten, maybe it's someone else
:) Great days, I went to most of them that promotion season, Paul Simpson scored a hat-trick that day IIRC. Igor Stimac made his debut for the Rams in that 5-1, and scored our only goal too!