• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'No Negativity' / 'Good karma' thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Kirtley's action looks hideous.. I guess he has been cleared though.
Never mind Kirtley, I saw Shabbir for the first time in ages on Sunday and he looks beyond belief! Even worse with the slower-ball.
I'm amazed if that really is just optical-illusion.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
I'd probably better say "never a truer word spoken" and leave this thread be, I spose.
Heartening to see certain comments tho. :)
I have just got access to ESPN, and it impressed me a lot and have seen other cricket related programs on ESPN.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Never mind Kirtley, I saw Shabbir for the first time in ages on Sunday and he looks beyond belief! Even worse with the slower-ball.
I'm amazed if that really is just optical-illusion.
Or this....gentlemen, you should be ashamed. Positivity shouldn't be scorned in favour of negative comments in such a holy place of worship. Say three Hail Mary's and commit to a day of nothing but compliments and your sins may be hosed away like the filth that they are!

Then again, I did start reading this from the last post so.....maybe this is a positive reply to an earlier post thickly disguised as negativity.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
'Course it is - how wonderfully positive for the game of cricket is it every time a faulty action is corrected?

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
:surprise:
Richard said:
Jason Lewry - always been one of the most unplayable bowlers you'll ever see when he gets it right - over or round the wicket.
Sadly he's never been consistent enough and at 34 his time has come and gone...
Sorry for placing a negative word in the thread and all, but I have always been genuinely disappointed Lewry hasn't made more of his very, very rare gift for swing and angle-use.
:surprise: he is 34. If he has never been considered for England then that is really bad. Reminds me of the sad case of Martin Bicknell. It's not as if england had that many world beaters in the 90s. Or was there another reason why he wasn't picked. and if he is 34, he is extremely sharp compared to others of his age. From watching highlights on Sussextv, he looked 25-27

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well Lewry isn't quite as unlucky as Martin Bicknell - Bicknell was churning-out fantastic figures game after game, season after season, rarely picking-up injuries, doing everything you could possibly ask of a bowler.
Lewry, on the other hand, was taking 9-90 one match and 2-190 the next. Looks impressive overall, but since people tend to look at individual games when assessing a player you can tell he's stupidly, and unspeakably frustratingly, inconsistent. Add to that he's always had injury-problems - not as bad as say a Richard Johnson or Mfuneko Ngam - but enough to keep him out of 3 or 4 games a season.
And he's, perhaps understandibly, not been picked very often for the one-day game. If you compare his record to Kirtley's you can see why Kirtley was the one always at the back of selectors' minds.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Again?
This is positively and certainly the first time James Anderson has ever bowled well, at the Test level anyway.
(No, bowling well against Zimbabwe in 2003 DOESN'T count)

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
Again?
This is positively and certainly the first time James Anderson has ever bowled well, at the Test level anyway.
(No, bowling well against Zimbabwe in 2003 DOESN'T count)
and even now his figures have flattered him, even though hes bowled better than he usually does.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
- I think Srinath was the most cereberal of all bowlers and is now the least irritating commentator of all time.

- I think Siddhu has the most understated and subtle sense of humour and I can actually stand him.

- I think the Indian team's catching in the current Mumbai test match was exceptional ...in a positive way.

- I think Ganguly and Chappell are amongst the most qualified for a diplomatic assignement.

- I think Inzemam would make a great sprinter.

- I think Warne's off field behaviour is a HUGE factor in making him every mother's prefered role model for her son.

- I think Sivaramakrishnan's 'slight' lack of millimeters enhances his personality when he stands next to Holding for example and his Savoy Row tailored suits enhance it further.

- I have no one in my "ignore list" on CW

* rushes off to attend to a bleeding nose that has gone and hit the wall at the other end of the living room