• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'No Negativity' / 'Good karma' thread

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I think Greg Chappell will be fantastic for India and we will see a revitalised group of Indian batsmen.

I think the Australian selectors have done a good job.

I appreciate the posters of this forum who bother to type in proper English, with correct spelling and syntax. It makes reading so much easier.

I respect knowledgeable posters such as FaaipDeOiad and SJS who respond to all arguments with class, justified responses and occasionally humour.

I like the England cricket team, and hope to see a good Ashes series this season.

I think this thread is a good idea. Kudos to Swervy for starting it.

Steulen

International Regular
I hope Bangladesh will give England a good scare, with that 16-year old boy scoring a century.

I hope Australia will thrash England because English commentators are so much more enjoyable when their team is losing badly.

I hope Holland will win the ICC Trophy, or at least make it into the Top 5, because of course all those other beautiful cricket-plyaing countries deserve a big hug as well.

I really hope we'll see a tied one-dayer one day where Afridi scores a ton off 30-something balls only to see the game tied because Chris Gayle does the same. And they both take each other's wicket with a nicely turning delivery.

Big thanks to Sussex for showing highlights of their games over the Web.

Cloete

International Captain
I hope Australia has another Gilchrist in one of Hartley, Crosthwaite, Ronchi or Dawson.

I think Bangladesh will be competitive in a few years.

I would love to see Stuart Law play for England

I think and hope England will put a good fight

I think Andrew Strauss, Ian Bell and Kevin Pieterson all look like excellent prospects and potentially world class batsmen

I thinnk this is a great thread!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Jnr. said:
I appreciate the posters of this forum who bother to type in proper English, with correct spelling and syntax. It makes reading so much easier.
Seconded.

I appreciate and admire the Australian cricket team.

Despite all controversies, I respect and admire both Warne and Murali for their incredible skill.

I hope to see Bangladesh and Zimbabwe become competitive Test nations.

I admire the cricketing knowledge of many on this forum.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
I like watching ICC Cricket World.
I'd probably better say "never a truer word spoken" and leave this thread be, I spose.
Heartening to see certain comments tho. :)

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
I would like to see England win the Ashes this year -- I think it will be good for world cricket.

I would also like to see th Windies become competitive again and Sachin Tendulkar back to his blazing,attacking best.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think the world is a great place and its such a joy to be alive.

I think the internet is great since it brings together people thousands of miles apart and binds them in a fraternity that brooks no differences of gender, race or age.

I think talking cricket is the next best thing to watching cricket but playing cricket is tops !

I think most cricketers are great guys as are most cricket fans. The fact that they disagree with each other is wonderful. What would we talk aboput if everyone said the same stuff ?

I think CW is a great place and its made great by great guys who come here and thank God they have nothing better to do !! :p

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Some more

i agree with someone who said Morton could be something. i like him

I have started liking Andrew Nel. He has got this certain thing in him which i can only call an X-factor

From the county scene, i have noticed that this fella called Lewry [who i had honestly never heard of] is quite unplayable when bowling round the wicket. reminds me alot of Wasim Akram

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jason Lewry - always been one of the most unplayable bowlers you'll ever see when he gets it right - over or round the wicket.
Sadly he's never been consistent enough and at 34 his time has come and gone...
Sorry for placing a negative word in the thread and all, but I have always been genuinely disappointed Lewry hasn't made more of his very, very rare gift for swing and angle-use.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Have you dabbled at Liam's cheese again?
:-O EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! :yucky: :sick: :puke:

(you and me are thinking of the same cheese, aren't we? :blink: )

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Poor old Liam - going-on about his non-existant weed-smoking again when he's not even fit to type his counter-attack. 8-)
You should be ashamed of yourself - and that's not something I'd normally say to Hakon.

(I promise, I'm not trying to drag the positive energy from the thread - just listen to hbh - I'm being positive in defending our esteemed Trinidadian)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not half as disappointed as I have been every time I've seen him get 20-76-1 since 2000.
How on Earth have you got hold of highlights (I'm guessing it might've been either Ban or Warks?) of some domestic-First-Class-cricket in England on Australian TV? :blink:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Not half as disappointed as I have been every time I've seen him get 20-76-1 since 2000.
How on Earth have you got hold of highlights (I'm guessing it might've been either Ban or Warks?) of some domestic-First-Class-cricket in England on Australian TV? :blink:
It might have been on the Sussex TV feature on their website?

Steulen

International Regular
Yup. Sussexcricket.tv it is. Unfortunately just the one camera, but nice action footage nevertheless.

Oh dear, am I allowed to use unfortunately in this thread?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Steulen said:
Yup. Sussexcricket.tv it is. Unfortunately just the one camera, but nice action footage nevertheless.

Oh dear, am I allowed to use unfortunately in this thread?
NO

Oh man am I allowed to use NO!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Yep, Sussex page highlights. Hopefully some of the other counties will follow suit soon... I'm guessing they have a lot of hits lately. We also get English sports news from Sky on Foxtel here, which sometimes has highlights and discussion of English FC cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, as so often Matthew Engel was right in his guess on the subject... (see Wisden 2004)