• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Cricket - Information

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Stefano said:
I am doing some research about cricket history. Do you know any sites where I can get some historical information? I have found the cricket portal at Wikipedia and cricinfo. Do you know other good sites? Then, could you please write me the 10 greatest batsmen and the 10 greatest bowlers of all times (please, write me what kind of bowlers they were)? Please, do not include acrive players.

Thank you very much!
Stats are the fast food of cricket knowledge. Best way to become an expert overnight. In fact you dont need to do any research what soever. Just go to this site and you are done ! :D

C_C

International Captain
SJS said:
Stats are the fast food of cricket knowledge. Best way to become an expert overnight. In fact you dont need to do any research what soever. Just go to this site and you are done ! :D
Heh. yet again, you try to impress yer viewpoints on an unsuspecting person.
Pity you cant challenge my statistical conclusions, given that it takes a lot of knowledge, brains and a fair bit of objectivity to CORRECTLY interpret the stats.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SJS said:
Yes that is very true i find it very iritating when people start claiming great cricketing knowledge based on stats when they have never been too a cricket match in their life

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
SJS said:
If you're only going to come into threads to take a sly dig at someone else, you shouldn't reply at all.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Dasa said:
If you're only going to come into threads to take a sly dig at someone else, you shouldn't reply at all.
No. This is not a dig, sly or otherwise, at anyone. It is my long held firm opinion.

Am I to be denied that because it disagrees with someone else's ?

As far as digs go, more have been taken at me, many of a personal nature than you would care to count. Yes it used to irritate me once. It doesnt anymore.

Now I find them amusing and yes I do put in sarcastic one liners and I am further amused at the ranting it provokes. But, my one liners, sarcastic or otherwise, still say something that is at times missing from a mile long post.

Secondly, here is someone who has asked members on this forum to help him with his research. I am giving the advise to him and it is well meant.

Thanks for your advise , nevertheless.:p

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
SJS said:
No. This is not a dig, sly or otherwise, at anyone. It is my long held firm opinion.

Am I to be denied that because it disagrees with someone else's ?

Secondly, here is someone who has asked members on this forum to help him with his research. I am giving the advise to him and it is well meant.

Thanks for your advise , nevertheless.

See, you have no right to ENFORCE your opinion on someone and by saying 'this is right, that is wrong' to someone who is very new to the whole thing, you are trying to influence somoene with yer notion of right and wrong and instead of educating them ( btw- education is not opinion, education is teaching someone the ability to collect facts and form their own opinions) with both perspectives, you try to enforce yours.
Shameful, really.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Stefano said:
I am doing some research about cricket history. Do you know any sites where I can get some historical information? I have found the cricket portal at Wikipedia and cricinfo. Do you know other good sites? Then, could you please write me the 10 greatest batsmen and the 10 greatest bowlers of all times (please, write me what kind of bowlers they were)? Please, do not include acrive players.

Thank you very much!
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=13164

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
SJS said:
Hey Vic,

You have been absconding from office for far too long. :@ :@ :@
Heeey! Didn't you read my West Indies one?

I had to take stress leave after that!

And I'm happy to take some more, if people want to give them to us. Come on folks, hit us with your best ;)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Heeey! Didn't you read my West Indies one?

I had to take stress leave after that!

And I'm happy to take some more, if people want to give them to us. Come on folks, hit us with your best ;)
Yes I read that.

It was good but if want some critical comments ? Get some more lucidity into the flow of the argument. It will add to what you are saying. :)

Someone had asked about Harvey being a beter one day batsman than Bradman. I dont know if you want to take that on considering Bradman played exactly as many ODI's as you have done so far :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
SJS said:
It was good but if want some critical comments ? Get some more lucidity into the flow of the argument. It will add to what you are saying. :)
I understand what you're saying, but I was very aware of trying to keep it short and concise, because otherwise people would see massive streams of words and never read it. As such, I think that the natural flow was in the end rather inhibited.
SJS said:
Someone had asked about Harvey being a beter one day batsman than Bradman. I dont know if you want to take that on considering Bradman played exactly as many ODI's as you have done so far :p
And I mean quality comparisons. Not fanciful ones 8-) :p