• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akhtar Singing

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
oh the irony the agressive Shioab Akhtar singing such a song. From his attitude to batsmen, i imagined he would be more of a hard metal/rock fanatic. I am delightfully suprised

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Obviously not, sadly, but he said he'd definately have taken-up domestic cricket in England if he'd not had the singing alley to go down.
don't think so, IIRC he messed up his knee, and his back is dodgy aswell, so although he plays exhibition games, he would't be able to compete seriously

cricket web interview said:
Will music play a large role in your future life, or do you see it as more of a hobby?
I have little choice now I guess. My knees are worn, my back is packing up and my cricket kit may lie idle for a few years now. I always loved music and always sung. Now I guess I am making the natural transition to something I was always going to do. My career was always going to end sooner or later. That time comes for every cricketer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
don't think so, IIRC he messed up his knee, and his back is dodgy aswell, so although he plays exhibition games, he would't be able to compete seriously
Way I understoond it he could have had operations on the two of them if he'd needed to and they'd have been up to continuation of his cricket career. With his music, instead, he didn't need to.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i remember he appeared on superstars :) the fact that he still competes with lashings is nice as well :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well - Curtley would-up his cricketing career in distinguished fashion, so that's some consolation.