• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why subcontinental bowlers get picked for chucking

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Continue with your windbaggery on the matter. :D
Which is exactly why I said no more two minutes before you? And which is exactly why in a day or two you'll bring it up again? :D:D:D

You're so predictable. :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
Anyway, I wouldn't want to strain my brain cells in an argument with Pratyush, so that's the end of it. Cheers, dude.
he says that after attempting to strain my brain cells ironically.

I wouldnt want to strain mine in an arguement with Sudeep either.

*runs for the balm*

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
Which is exactly why I said no more two minutes before you? And which is exactly why in a day or two you'll bring it up again? :D:D:D

You're so predictable. :p
Continue with your windbaggery.......................................

Deja moo

International Captain
Voltman said:
Harbhajan is a whinger. He was on a TV reality programme about customs officials here, moaning and complaining that he was going to be fined because he hadn't cleaned his boots properly. He announced in a surly tone that he was never coming back to New Zealand again.

Fine by me, Harby.

I agree the moaning about the boots was pathetic, but surely he has a point here ?

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
he says that after attempting to strain my brain cells ironically.

I wouldnt want to strain mine in an arguement with Sudeep either.

*runs for the balm*
As I said, so predictable. But please, now you have stop replying to me. Not that it matters. I'd just end up not checking this thread otherwise.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Continue with your windbaggery.......................................
Try finding some new words. It doesn't look good for you to repeat what I say. And with that, please don't reply, for the love of God, don't.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
As I said, so predictable. But please, now you have stop replying to me. Not that it matters. I'd just end up not checking this thread otherwise.
I will stop if you stop replying to me considering you were the first one to do so.

I have to be repetitive as you keep on going on and on and on with the windbaggery.

So keep doing that and I have no choice but to write

'Continue with your windbaggery....................'

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I will stop if you stop replying to me considering you were the first one to do so.

I have to be repetitive as you keep on going on and on and on with the windbaggery.

So keep doing that and I have no choice but to write

'Continue with your windbaggery....................'
*cough*Who's going on now?*cough*

Sudeep

International Captain
Man, I should see the doctor; I'm arguing with Pratyush. :ph34r:

**Click "Ignore --> Pratyush" on Options panel**

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
I'm guessing Malcolm Gray and Malcolm Speed. According to C_C, they intervened with Lee to ensure that he got cleared, or somethign to that effect. Don't ask me, I'm just the messenger boy.
Ah, I see - the background to the conspiracy theory.

Surprising that they didnt use their powers to intervene when the new chucking laws were first proposed. If they had, certain sub-continent bowlers would still not be able to use certain deliveries.

Or maybe its just crap.

BTW, I prefer shooting messenger boys actually.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
How did M&M come to Lee's rescue. What exactly did they do to rescue Lee.

Very typical statement from someone with a phobia about Australia.
It was not M & M, but ICC CEO David Richards who sat on Lee's chucking report :-

"Jagmohan Dalmiya has voiced his dissatisfaction with International Cricket Council (ICC) CEO David Richards who reportedly kept Dalmiya in the dark about Australian bowler Brett Lee’s suspect action. According to the newspaper Dalmiya claimed that Richards’ actions were a ‘dereliction of duty’ since Dalmiya was not informed about the suspicions about Lee’s action while he was ICC president, even though the incident was reported two months back.

According to a leading Indian daily, Dalmiya, who ended his tenure as ICC chief a fortnight ago, was upset with Richards for not bringing up Lee’s suspect action when Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar’s action was being discussed.

Dalmiya was reported to be angry since Richards brought the incident to the notice of Australian Cricket Board (ACB) chief executive Malcolm Speed a day after Australian Malcolm Gray succeeded Dalmiya as ICC president.

Dalmiya, who was in the eye of a storm when he lifted the ban on Akhtar on a request from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), was irked since the committee allegedly did not refer the Lee incident to the Indian and Pakistani representatives who were not called to attend the meeting. "

Totalcricket.com . This news reported in many Indian newspapers as well.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
"....Meanwhile, the chief executive officer of the ICC, David Richards, added a twist to the episode by keeping the then ICC President, Jagmohan Dalmiya of India, in dark about the whole issue. The matter came to light only after the Indian stepped down as the first president of the ICC. Richards chose to inform the incoming president, Malcolm Grey, also of Australia like Richards, after almost four months after the bowler was reported against.

A furious Dalmiya reported to have accused of the ICC CEO of playing dirty games but could do little except take the issue to the powerful Asian Cricket Council. The ACC is expected to take up the fight with the ICC. "

http://www.calonline.com/news/Jul00/20/SPO4.html

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
Ah, I see - the background to the conspiracy theory.

Surprising that they didnt use their powers to intervene when the new chucking laws were first proposed. If they had, certain sub-continent bowlers would still not be able to use certain deliveries.

Or maybe its just crap.

BTW, I prefer shooting messenger boys actually.
Read my last post, It was then ICC CEO David Richards. Guess which country he comes from and guess who concealed Mark Waugh & Warne's match fixing report. ;)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanz said:
Read my last post, It was then ICC CEO David Richards. Guess which country he comes from and guess who concealed Mark Waugh & Warne's match fixing report. ;)
So in response, Dalmiya lifts the ban on Shoaib. If this is true, he is no better than Richards.

My money is on neither being entirely true. The media is renowned for being liberal with the truth.

BTW, dont think of accusing me of bias towards Aus on this issue as whilst warne is, IMO, the greatest spinner ever to play the game, I would have had no problem with him being banned for life after the masking agent issue (particularly as it followed numerous breaches of codes of conduct, especially fraternising with a bookie).

Last edited: