• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hear, Hear, Hear : Lend me your Ear

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scott Muller - The Prodigal Son

On the receiving end of the infamous 'can't bowl, can't throw' incident, Muller's career nose-dived slightly after a blistering start sending him spiralling out of the test arena. Could he actually bowl though? Our stats say 'Yes...yes he could':

- Out of the 7 wickets Muller took at Test level he dismissed Mohammed Wasim twice. During the two tests in question Wasim averaged 32.25, so it's fair to argue that even though it was only early (but also late) in Muller's Test career he already knew how to hone in on the big guns!

- Further to this Muller's other wickets were Yousuf Youhana (47.25), Inzamam-ul-Haq (57.5), Abdul Razzaq (6.5), Wasim Akram (24.25), and Moin Khan (21.25) - none of whom are batting bunnies! While a lot of his other teammates practically forged a career out of removing early openers, non-set middle orders, and pathetic tail-enders, Muller picked his targets carefully to create a short - yet impressive - bowling resume. As you can see from their average over these two tests all of the above-mentioned (apart from Razzaq) were in a rich vein of batting form when dismissed by Muller. Razzaq was actually dropped by Pakistan after being embarrassed by Muller in the first innings of his first Test, and capitulated for 2 in the second innings before disappearing from the scene.

- Scott Muller was a destructive bowler! Of the batsmen listed above he dismissed Inzamam, Akram and Khan for their lowest scores over the two Tests, proof that if given the opportunity to strike early he could be a danger to some of the oppositions primary weapons! He was also responsible for dismissing both Wasim (91) and Youhana (75) when they were set, an example of how he is able to come back to clean up the mess created by earlier bowler's ineptitude to again stamp his authority on the game!

- In the first Test of Muller's two Test career he actually out-performed one of Australia's best ever bowlers - Shane Warne. Muller's average in this test was 42.33 per wicket, whilst the pathetic Warne averaged 51. That's 8.67 runs per wicket more for Warne, which doesn't sound like much but if they both took 1000 wickets Muller's total runs off his bowling would be 42330, whilst Warne would be at 51000. That's 8670 runs people! Think about that!

- We actually administered a foolproof survey to the people of Australia, putting the Scott Muller debate to them and letting them make up their own minds. We asked 'Regardless of whether you've actually heard of him of not, is Scott Muller one of the best bowlers this country has ever seen?'. An astounding 73.45% replied 'yes', 25% replied 'no', 15% replied 'John the Cameraman' and the final 17% replied, and I quote, 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie....Oi, Oi, Oi'. We took into account the number of hearing-impaired people we surveyed who actually thought we said 'Keith Miller', and have come up with this:

115% of respondants surveyed thought that Scott Muller can in fact bowl...

The Defence rests your honour!

(*Note: The cameraman's name has been changed to protect his identity!)

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

honestbharani said:
Can u prove that I am the best wicketkeeper in India?

Pleaaaaaaaase.... Pretty Please........
hahaha, it could be hard to find the stats to support that! Do you have any links or stats to provide? :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Son Of Coco said:
Scott Muller - The Prodigal Son

On the receiving end of the infamous 'can't bowl, can't throw' incident, Muller's career nose-dived slightly after a blistering start sending him spiralling out of the test arena. Could he actually bowl though? Our stats say 'Yes...yes he could':

- Out of the 7 wickets Muller took at Test level he dismissed Mohammed Wasim twice. During the two tests in question Wasim averaged 32.25, so it's fair to argue that even though it was only early (but also late) in Muller's Test career he already knew how to hone in on the big guns!

- Further to this Muller's other wickets were Yousuf Youhana (47.25), Inzamam-ul-Haq (57.5), Abdul Razzaq (6.5), Wasim Akram (24.25), and Moin Khan (21.25) - none of whom are batting bunnies! While a lot of his other teammates practically forged a career out of removing early openers, non-set middle orders, and pathetic tail-enders, Muller picked his targets carefully to create a short - yet impressive - bowling resume. As you can see from their average over these two tests all of the above-mentioned (apart from Razzaq) were in a rich vein of batting form when dismissed by Muller. Razzaq was actually dropped by Pakistan after being embarrassed by Muller in the first innings of his first Test, and capitulated for 2 in the second innings before disappearing from the scene.

- Scott Muller was a destructive bowler! Of the batsmen listed above he dismissed Inzamam, Akram and Khan for their lowest scores over the two Tests, proof that if given the opportunity to strike early he could be a danger to some of the oppositions primary weapons! He was also responsible for dismissing both Wasim (91) and Youhana (75) when they were set, an example of how he is able to come back to clean up the mess created by earlier bowler's ineptitude to again stamp his authority on the game!

- In the first Test of Muller's two Test career he actually out-performed one of Australia's best ever bowlers - Shane Warne. Muller's average in this test was 42.33 per wicket, whilst the pathetic Warne averaged 51. That's 8.67 runs per wicket more for Warne, which doesn't sound like much but if they both took 1000 wickets Muller's total runs off his bowling would be 42330, whilst Warne would be at 51000. That's 8670 runs people! Think about that!

- We actually administered a foolproof survey to the people of Australia, putting the Scott Muller debate to them and letting them make up their own minds. We asked 'Regardless of whether you've actually heard of him of not, is Scott Muller one of the best bowlers this country has ever seen?'. An astounding 73.45% replied 'yes', 25% replied 'no', 15% replied 'John the Cameraman' and the final 17% replied, and I quote, 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie....Oi, Oi, Oi'. We took into account the number of hearing-impaired people we surveyed who actually thought we said 'Keith Miller', and have come up with this:

115% of respondants surveyed thought that Scott Muller can in fact bowl...

The Defence rests your honour!

(*Note: The cameraman's name has been changed to protect his identity!)
...Objection sustained.... :p

Gold!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Son Of Coco said:
hahaha, it could be hard to find the stats to support that! Do you have any links or stats to provide? :D
Nah, had a change of heart..... Prove that Vijay Dahiya was the best wicket keeper/batsman from India...... I am sure there are stats available for that one...

BTW, here are some of my stats.....

Last year, in our college league, I averaged 17 per innings. I bat at no.6 or 5 and on the odd occassion at 4.... And these are 10-15 over games..... Mine was the highest average in my team. But I was only dismissed in less than half of my innings. So that contributed to that...

Son Of Coco

honestbharani said:
Nah, had a change of heart..... Prove that Vijay Dahiya was the best wicket keeper/batsman from India...... I am sure there are stats available for that one...

BTW, here are some of my stats.....

Last year, in our college league, I averaged 17 per innings. I bat at no.6 or 5 and on the odd occassion at 4.... And these are 10-15 over games..... Mine was the highest average in my team. But I was only dismissed in less than half of my innings. So that contributed to that...
I'm going to let SJS handle this one if he is available...

andyc

vic_orthdox said:
Here's one for you then, Son of Coco.

Prove that Brad Hogg is a better Test bowler than Shane Warne.
following that, prove that Glenn McGrath is a better and more agressive batsman than Adam Gilchrist

Son Of Coco

vic_orthdox said:
Here's one for you then, Son of Coco.

Prove that Brad Hogg is a better Test bowler than Shane Warne.
Right, I'm a bit busy at the moment with another project...but I'll get to it in the next day or so! It seems SJS has gone to a leafy island on holiday for the weekend so I'm feeling the pinch! :D

Son Of Coco

andyc said:
following that, prove that Glenn McGrath is a better and more agressive batsman than Adam Gilchrist
hahahaha :D I can't wait to tackle this one! I'd go so far as to say that this is the best comparison I've been asked to make to date...now I know how Big Kev feels!

a massive zebra

International Captain
Could you please prove that:

1. Benjamin Aislabie was a superior batsman to Don Bradman.

2. Asoka De Silva was a superior bowler to Shane Warne.

:D

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
In 1966 the World Cup Final score was: England 4(Hurst 3,Peters) Germany 2(Haller,Weber) (aet)

NEXT.

Sudeep

International Captain
Jamee999 said:
In 1966 the World Cup Final score was: England 4(Hurst 3,Peters) Germany 2(Haller,Weber) (aet)

NEXT.
Sorry, I thought this was on Cricket Chat? :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, check out the Women's World Cup of 1973, please, Sudeep. And the Women's World Cup of 1993.